How AFC teams are reshaping themselves for '06 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How AFC teams are reshaping themselves for '06

jdang307

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/05/04/offseason.recap.afc/index.html

I know I know, I promise one of these days I will stop reading the idiocy of Don Banks, but his article was linked from my IE home page so I had to look!

The first thing that pops out was a pic of Culpepper, and in the caption it says "The Dolphins acquired oft-injured quarterback Daunte Culpepper from the Vikings in exchange for a second-round pick."

Here is what he had to say about the Phins.

MIAMI DOLPHINS
Headline additions: Traded for quarterback Daunte Culpepper. Hired Mike Mularkey as offensive coordinator. Signed cornerback Will Allen and drafted safety Jason Allen.
Offseason vibe: We can't shake the feeling the Dolphins went with the second-best quarterback option in Culpepper, after not landing free agent Drew Brees. The fate of their 2006 season figures to turn on how quickly Culpepper recovers from last year's season-ending knee surgery and how close he can come to approximating his ultra-productive 2004 performance. Mularkey was a quality hiring, but the Ricky Williams saga took another depressing turn, and there's no indication that the Will Allen-for-Sam Madison "trade'' is really an upgrade.

Go read his recap on the Saint's, I know I should let it go but I was curious, no mention of Brees' injury, whatsoever. Just thought you guys might like to see, seeing as we eat this stuff up and chew it out!

Side Note: Does anyone else want to slap that smirk off this dude's face or is it just me?

Back
Top Bottom