How are all of the "experts" counting us out?? A closer look into it | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How are all of the "experts" counting us out?? A closer look into it

RunTravisRun

Practice Squad
Reaction score
First, ease up on me with the political issues. I am allowed to put anything under 500 characters in my signature, and so are you. I don't dogg on anyone for having a Bush O4 Icon.....I dont call anyone Kon-Doh-Leeez-Ah Rice Jr......as I was called Michael Moore Jr. The main thing I want by posting my signature is just to let people see my opinion first.....but also just think about the election. I am wanting everyone to vote, and by placing that as my signature.....Im thinking it might in some way cause someone to at least think about the election. I think a lot of americans take the right to vote for granted. A LOT of Americans. Yet if we were in some other country, where we didnt have a choice as to who our leader would be...we would be praying to god above for just the chance for democracy. So go vote. Of course I will vote for Kerry....but I am just trying to get people to vote. Even if you vote for Nader.....go vote. To many people died long ago so that you have the right to.

Ok, so enough with politics. End of it. Now, lets talk Dolphins. It seems as if every "expert" out of Miami thinks we now have no chance. Not just at the superbowl, but even a winning season. Last night Jim Rome said we had no chance of .500. The likes of John Madden, Chris Berman, the PTI cast, and Around the Horn cast, as well as many other have all said the exact same thing.

Why? Well, I think that it just has to do with the loss of ricky of course, and our lack of passing game. I live in Arkansas, and I can compare the loss of ricky to my Razorback football team. We were ranked as high as 3rd in the country last year though week 8. We are picked #37 in the preseason poll this year. Reasoning? We lost every starter on our offensive line, including All-American Junior Shaun Andrews (1st round eagles) as well as three others who were drafted in later rounds. The "experts" reasoning is this : We were a power running team, and we lost our entire line.....how can we compete? The same goes into all of the NFL experts minds....we were a power running team.....we lost a top-5 back, how can we compete? It is my belief that a lot of the experts cut the investigation off with that. A lot of them (just as college guys do to the razorbacks) think to themselves " Just HOW can they compete now???? There just isant a chance" Without really ever looking extremely close at what the team still has.

The difference in Arkansas and Miami is that Arkansas cannot pass the ball effectively enough to win games.....and without our O-Line, its possible that our ranking is close to correct. Our Dolphins can throw the ball, and will. The experts, and fans have greatly under-rated Fiedler. It has always been my opinion that Fielder was a good run-of-the-mill STARTING nfl QB. Our front office is still looking for another Dan Marino, and he is simply not there. And who knows, there is a chance Feely may play good ball. So, I think our QB situation is ok. We now also have a top 5 #1 and #2 WR combo in the league. This is going to cause havoc with defenses......because we won't have ricky anymore.....but Travis and the guys also wont be seeing 9 guys in the box, either.....allowing them to much-better rickys 3.5 per, running against 8/9 guys. With a much improved O-Line, I think our offense should be BETTER......yes BETTER...than last years.

Once again, we lost ricky. Forget that fact, forget everything about how great he was...and look at last years numbers. It doesnt matter if you have Barry Sander's legs and Jim Browns power......you cannot run against 9 guys, simple as that. I like the RB's we have nows chances running against teams that have to worry about a passing game, playing straight up o-line vs d-line.....than i do ricky running against everybody.

Our O will be better, our D will maintain its top play....and I seriously think we can contend for a SB birth. Period. It's not what the experts say now, its what they say in December.

We can definitly be a very good team this year. Who cares what experts say. Look at how the Bucs did last year. You think any expert picked the pats and/or carolina to win their conference. Bottom line I think this is more of a positive thing considering how the NFL has worked in the last five years. About the passing game, I agree is can be very good this year. Boston will be a playmaker and open up Chambers even more. I disagree about Fiedler. We had for years to see that he is inaccurate, inconsistant, and injury prone. A.J. Feeley will surprise a lot of people this season.

I agree with the vote issue, vote or don't complain, just don't vot for another Democrat, Bush is still trying to fix Clintons 8 years of stupid. :shakeno: The Fins will be fine, and just as competitive as always, the NFL experts are like weathermen, they get paid, right or wrong.

Just kidding (alittle) on the election, hope everyone votes for what they believe, and not for an elephant or a donkey :roflmao: . I hate politics, weathermen, and NFL Experts, because none of them are MS. Cleo. :lol:
Even she isn't Ms. Cleo, go figure? :confused:

RunTravisRun said:
First, ease up on me with the political issues. I am allowed to put anything under 500 characters in my signature, and so are you. I don't dogg on anyone for having a Bush O4 Icon.....I dont call anyone Kon-Doh-Leeez-Ah Rice Jr......as I was called Michael Moore Jr. The main thing I want by posting my signature is just to let people see my opinion first.....but also just think about the election. I am wanting everyone to vote, and by placing that as my signature.....Im thinking it might in some way cause someone to at least think about the election. I think a lot of americans take the right to vote for granted. A LOT of Americans. Yet if we were in some other country, where we didnt have a choice as to who our leader would be...we would be praying to god above for just the chance for democracy. So go vote. Of course I will vote for Kerry....but I am just trying to get people to vote. Even if you vote for Nader.....go vote. To many people died long ago so that you have the right to.

Ok, so enough with politics. End of it. Now, lets talk Dolphins. It seems as if every "expert" out of Miami thinks we now have no chance. Not just at the superbowl, but even a winning season. Last night Jim Rome said we had no chance of .500. The likes of John Madden, Chris Berman, the PTI cast, and Around the Horn cast, as well as many other have all said the exact same thing.

Why? Well, I think that it just has to do with the loss of ricky of course, and our lack of passing game. I live in Arkansas, and I can compare the loss of ricky to my Razorback football team. We were ranked as high as 3rd in the country last year though week 8. We are picked #37 in the preseason poll this year. Reasoning? We lost every starter on our offensive line, including All-American Junior Shaun Andrews (1st round eagles) as well as three others who were drafted in later rounds. The "experts" reasoning is this : We were a power running team, and we lost our entire line.....how can we compete? The same goes into all of the NFL experts minds....we were a power running team.....we lost a top-5 back, how can we compete? It is my belief that a lot of the experts cut the investigation off with that. A lot of them (just as college guys do to the razorbacks) think to themselves " Just HOW can they compete now???? There just isant a chance" Without really ever looking extremely close at what the team still has.

The difference in Arkansas and Miami is that Arkansas cannot pass the ball effectively enough to win games.....and without our O-Line, its possible that our ranking is close to correct. Our Dolphins can throw the ball, and will. The experts, and fans have greatly under-rated Fiedler. It has always been my opinion that Fielder was a good run-of-the-mill STARTING nfl QB. Our front office is still looking for another Dan Marino, and he is simply not there. And who knows, there is a chance Feely may play good ball. So, I think our QB situation is ok. We now also have a top 5 #1 and #2 WR combo in the league. This is going to cause havoc with defenses......because we won't have ricky anymore.....but Travis and the guys also wont be seeing 9 guys in the box, either.....allowing them to much-better rickys 3.5 per, running against 8/9 guys. With a much improved O-Line, I think our offense should be BETTER......yes BETTER...than last years.

Once again, we lost ricky. Forget that fact, forget everything about how great he was...and look at last years numbers. It doesnt matter if you have Barry Sander's legs and Jim Browns power......you cannot run against 9 guys, simple as that. I like the RB's we have nows chances running against teams that have to worry about a passing game, playing straight up o-line vs d-line.....than i do ricky running against everybody.

Our O will be better, our D will maintain its top play....and I seriously think we can contend for a SB birth. Period. It's not what the experts say now, its what they say in December.
I agree with the politics paragraph first of all!

But I will say, like alot of us, ive noticed alot of radio hosts amung others have seen the light, and think tht the DOlphins will still b a good team. 2 radio hosts that i was listing too today think the Dolphins will b good. He made 2 bold predictions, he said the Dolphins and Eagles will suprise people. he said the Eagles wont b as productive as everone thinks, and the Dolphins will make a run for the playoffs and thinks theyd b in for sure if it wasnt for there division. BTW he isnt a Dolphins fan, hes a Skins fan. The other was a Bucs guy who said theyd b competitve and COULD make the playoffs. Another was on PTI tht guy Skip SomethingOrOther said wed b OK without him. On Around the Horn Micheal Smith(i think ths his name) said wed b fine without him because of our offensive weapons(bone-headed Tony Reali muted himm for saying McMhiceal). Also someone from I,Max said wed b OK too(i think Micheal Holley)

Overall what im trying to say, is i think still the minority, but none the less more ppl r starting to see it our way.

Gary Miles said:
I agree with the vote issue, vote or don't complain, just don't vot for another Democrat, Bush is still trying to fix Clintons 8 years of stupid. :shakeno: The Fins will be fine, and just as competitive as always, the NFL experts are like weathermen, they get paid, right or wrong.

Just kidding (alittle) on the election, hope everyone votes for what they believe, and not for an elephant or a donkey :roflmao: . I hate politics, weathermen, and NFL Experts, because none of them are MS. Cleo. :lol:
Even she isn't Ms. Cleo, go figure? :confused:

I will agree with the fact that the dolphins will be fine.
secondly clinton 8 years of stupid what a crazy comment. 3 years of surplus in a row gas prices good 8 years of peace untill the USS Cole then the congress would'nt back him up to do anything about it. Yes clinton screwed Monica Bush screwed the United States of America except for the Super rich. I am not Democrat but we can do better. Sorry for the political message just had to say it.

JOHN KERRY/JOHN EDWARDS for president

Only thing i don't agree with is that Ricky Williams was a top 5 back.....
Preist Holmes, Jamal Lewis, Clinton Portis, Duece Mccalister, Ladanian Tomlinson, Ahman Green Were All Definitely Better, and there are a few others that may have been or are better than RW Was.......... Travis Henry Just To Name 1

outlawd2u said:
Only thing i don't agree with is that Ricky Williams was a top 5 back.....
Preist Holmes, Jamal Lewis, Clinton Portis, Duece Mccalister, Ladanian Tomlinson, Ahman Green Were All Definitely Better, and there are a few others that may have been or are better than RW Was.......... Travis Henry Just To Name 1
Wether he was a top 5 back or not is purley oppinion. He was deffinatley better then Travi henry tho, thts hardly even arguable. Priest and LT seem to b the consentual # 1 and 2, but all the guys u named after tht are too close to call.

all I know is he averaged 3.5 yards per carry and less than 10 TD's last year Only RB's who did worse were Eddie George, and Jerome Bettis......Bettis Is Slow And Old, George Has Sucked For Some Time Now!!! If Ricky Would've Only gotten 3/4 of the carries he got like All of the other RB's on Miami before him....... Everybody would be saying He Sucked And was A Waste of 2 Draft Picks

Y is he better than T henry? Henry played with broken ribs and a bad ankle, he had a crap oline, and no passing game as well and still had a much better ypc...I dont see the logic other than homerism there.

Remember my post a few weeks back, some Fantasy magazine picked the Dolphins to win 6 games WITH Ricky? You'd understand why now we're suddenly picked to do nothing. Even the Bengals are predicted to succeed better then Miami. Nasty isnt it?

stan marino said:
Y is he better than T henry? Henry played with broken ribs and a bad ankle, he had a crap oline, and no passing game as well and still had a much better ypc...I dont see the logic other than homerism there.
Henry playing with those injuries r no basis for how good u r. Ive always felt tht if ur too hurt to play get on the sidelines, if ur good enuff dont get extra credit for it. U mite not agree, but i agree with me:D .

They still had a better O-Line and passing game then us.

Ricky's YPC went down from the 2 year punding he got by Wannys system of give it to Ricky every play. I base talent on watching the guys play, not stats for the most part anyway. If u go strictly by stats u cant call urself a true fan(not implying u rnt). And what i saw was a guy who took the ball too much, but still just knocked the fock out of ppl head on.

I dont kno how u can say homerism is a factor in this considering if i was just being a homer wouldnt he have to be ON THE TEAM?

FinFan24 said:
And what i saw was a guy who took the ball too much, but still just knocked the fock out of ppl head on.QUOTE]

Was he knocking the "Fock" Out of people when he was turning around falling backwards to avoid contact and giving himself NO chance to break a tackle or gain extra yardage???

The bills offense was horrible last year in every facet of the game...When a rb plays through those kinda injuries I do think it makes a big difference in heart, and u have to love/admire when a guy gives it his all. Ricky's heart was questioned all of last year and now we hear all this stuff now that hes quit on his teammates, organization, and fans, it seems as though it was true. When compareing different people at the same position u have to look at production/stats as part of the equation do u not? Add that with the heart he showed last year and theres no doubt Henry was a better back then Wicky last year.

The Dolphins went 11-5 and won a playoff game in 2000 with Lamar Smith. The rest of the team has only gotten better since then, expecially the Offense. Jay Fiedler has shown improovment each year since he first started starting for us, and jay feely may be even better (that is yet to be seen in camp). With the addition of New linemen and David Boston, there is no reason why the Dolphins cant win 11 games next year and win the division. Travis Minor and Leanord Henry both have tons of talent, but they dont know if they can last an entire game. But i think the two of them splitting time is just as good as 1 good back. Just look at what the Eagles have done. Screw ricky, i think he was having a negative effect on the team anyways. Everyone wrote the patriots off last year after they cut Milloy, they didnt do to badly.

Ricky's 3.5ypc wasn't his fault. Teams were stacking the line just daring us to PASS the ball and Wanny wouldn't do it. Like somebody said before you just can't run against 9 guys consistantly. Wanny, THROW THE FRICKKEN BALL SOMETIME

Back
Top Bottom