How big of a role will Fred Russell play? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How big of a role will Fred Russell play?

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
I think he will be a big role and be a thrid down back as well as coming in when Ricky is Tired

nick19991 said:
I think he will be a big role and be a thrid down back as well as coming in when Ricky is Tired

That is Minor's role. We know how loyal DW is to the vets who have been on the team a little while. Also, Minor has performed well. Russel's best chance to stick is as a KR or PR, or maybe both. I think he can beat out Wilkens. He is probably to small for special teams.

He will probably be a Pracitce Squader this year. Next year I see Minor leaving, Henry going to #2 and Russell as #3.

I think Russell actually has a shot making the team. Henry is banged up from the NFL Europe league. If Russell shows versatillaty as KR and/or PR and the toughness along with his quickness, he has a shot beating out Henry. The one thing going for him right now is his speed and you can never have enough team speed.

After what I have seen, he will make the team as KR/PR or as 3rd back. He seems good enough to beat out minor, but i dont see it happening just yet if at all.

outtawack311 said:
After what I have seen, he will make the team as KR/PR or as 3rd back. He seems good enough to beat out minor, but i dont see it happening just yet if at all.

Was that with or without pads?, was that live or mini camps?, was that one camp or 2? , Is he consistent or is the jury still out?

:confused:

nick19991 said:

Tired??? He gets stronger as the game goes on. The games he was out was due to his shoulder.

nick19991 said:
While Russel was a very good college running back, I do not forsee him as being anything in the NFL. I believe he will be a PS for a year or two then find himself looking for work outside the NFL playing field.

I like Russel too, but unless he can show something as a PR/KR, then he will be relegated to the PS this year....That is his only chance...Minor is entrenched as our #2 guy. Henry has been trying to push Minor and is making some noise in Europe now, but as was mentioned, DW might be loyal to a fault to players who have been here for a while. But the issue with all three of these guys, is that they are seen as 3rd down backs, not every down backs. Henry might be the closest one that could carry the load for a whole season. Morris will also get a shot as an everydown guy if RW should go down or something. I like what we have, but it is percieved elsewhere as rather weak after RW....

LarryFinFan said:
I like Russel too, but unless he can show something as a PR/KR, then he will be relegated to the PS this year....That is his only chance...Minor is entrenched as our #2 guy. Henry has been trying to push Minor and is making some noise in Europe now, but as was mentioned, DW might be loyal to a fault to players who have been here for a while. But the issue with all three of these guys, is that they are seen as 3rd down backs, not every down backs. Henry might be the closest one that could carry the load for a whole season. Morris will also get a shot as an everydown guy if RW should go down or something. I like what we have, but it is percieved elsewhere as rather weak after RW....
Well said. I tend to agree with almost everything. I do not agree that Henry could be an everyday back, but otherwise everything else I am right there with you on.

I see Russel being a PS guy this year, a KR and MAYBE a 3rd stringer playing in NFLE (like Henry) next year.

Back
Top Bottom