How big of a role will Fred Russell play? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How big of a role will Fred Russell play?

34RWilliams said:
Tired??? He gets stronger as the game goes on. The games he was out was due to his shoulder.

I like Ricky too but last year Minor was coming in when Ricky was tired he does get stronger as the game goes on but he can't do more then 5 or 6 plays in a row thats when the #2 back comes in for a little bit while Ricky catches his breath and then Ricky comes back in but Ricky does need to catch a breath now and then everybody needs to do it once and a while

Russell will have a future in this league on special teams. Hopefully it will be with us. After watching him for 4 years at Iowa, he is domething special in the speed department and durable enough to play special teams for any team. He will shine in the off season, and hopefully it will be enough to get a chance in a game. If he gets the chance, you will all be plesantly suprised.

I guess one question would be, is there enough room on the team for both Minor and Russell? I hope so! I like Minor, but I have a very good feeling about Russell!

Steve

SWS84 said:
I guess one question would be, is there enough room on the team for both Minor and Russell? I hope so! I like Minor, but I have a very good feeling about Russell!

Steve

If Russell ends up being the best returner on the team we will probably keep 4 RBs. Last year we kept 4 RBs because Charlie Rogers was our returner.

Dphins4me said:
While Russel was a very good college running back, I do not forsee him as being anything in the NFL. I believe he will be a PS for a year or two then find himself looking for work outside the NFL playing field.
This is right, Scot. Russell won't make the team at all...at least I think not. Who knows whats happening with Ricky. But if Ricky can play in the fall, then Russell won't have a job...not here.

anybody know how our other free agent running back is doing? i think it was renaldo works

nick19991 said:
I think he will be a big role and be a thrid down back as well as coming in when Ricky is Tired

The Dolphins do not have a 3rd down HB, and won't while Ricky is the starting HB. If they decided to change that, Minor would be the choice. Minor is an excellent change of pace HB for Ricky.

Oliver...

ohall said:
The Dolphins do not have a 3rd down HB, and won't while Ricky is the starting HB. If they decided to change that, Minor would be the choice. Minor is an excellent change of pace HB for Ricky.

Oliver...
Oliver? Is that you? My main man...its been a long time. We had it out over Jamar Fletcher..remember? You thought he needed more playing time?

I guess you're heartbroken now huh? JF gone. The future all pro gone....Whatever are we going to do. Young Jamar..he just didnt get the playing time he needed. Or.....maybe he did. :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom