How bout them Marlins?! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How bout them Marlins?!

Prime Time

Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!
Reaction score
Well, well. Things have certainly picked up for the Marlins as they are 5 games above .500. They have been playing very well lately and are still fighting for the Wild Card Spot. The other night, Juan Encarnacion hit a clutch 2 Run Homer to give us the lead and soon after the W. Lo Duca is hitting nicely and it is no wonder he always bats over .300. He is a good replacement for Pudge (although Pudge is better). Also, who say Burnett's 14 Ks yesterday? AMAZING! I am still not sure he is 100% healthy yet. And today's game! Damion Easley hits a nice CLUTCH Homer to win the game for us. This is reminding me alot of last year, and that isn't a bad thing! :up:

SMadison29 said:
They won't catch the Cubs.

They have a 3 game series against the cubs starting on Friday.

A good night for the Fish tonight. We win, the Cubs lose to the Expos, and we're now 3 out of the wild card.

Heeeeeeeeeeeere come the Marlins!

I've always been a marlins fan. But I'm pulling for them to lose until they get their own stadium. The playoffs for the marlins means the dirt field will be out there longer.

In other baseball news, how about that *** whooping the yankees got tonight???

BOO YEAH!

we have six games with the cubs before the season ends, we just have to win those and hope the padres and the giants go in the gutter, but the way we have been playing lately i'm not quiting quite yet. How great was the fact that the yanks got rocked 22-0 last night hahaha

What's it all matter? If any team but the Cubs get the wild card, the Cardinals are going to steamroll into the World Series. If any team stands a chance at tripping them up, it will be the Cubs. I guarantee a Cubs-Cards NLCS will go 7 games, it will all be a matter of who wants it more.

Anyway, I'm going to predict a few exciting World Series matchups.

Cubs vs. Red Sox (greatest World Series ever, but still a pipe dream)
Cubs vs. anyone
Red Sox vs. anyone
Dodgers vs. Yankees (for the old school factor, and it would be a good matchup anyway)

If the Cards get in, then I don't think any AL team stands a chance.

um_canes02 said:
we have six games with the cubs before the season ends, we just have to win those and hope the padres and the giants go in the gutter,

It's not always good to get in the playoffs like this but compare the Cubs schedule with the Marlins. True the Cubs have 6 games with the Marlins & 3 at the end of the year with the Braves(who will likely rest their stars), other than that it's a cupcake schedule. The Marlins play a tougher schedule & the Padres & Giants have a brutal schedule.

Kamikaze, says who? Last year the Yankees were suppose to dominate us and they didn't. If it was as simple as you say it is, then they wouldn't play the games.

byroan said:
I've always been a marlins fan. But I'm pulling for them to lose until they get their own stadium. The playoffs for the marlins means the dirt field will be out there longer.

Miami doesn't revolve around the Dolphins. Get over out of state fans, the Marlins are in Pro Player.

Prime Time said:
Kamikaze, says who? Last year the Yankees were suppose to dominate us and they didn't. If it was as simple as you say it is, then they wouldn't play the games.

Every team was suppost to dominate the Fish.Anything is possible once the team is in the playoffs especially with the starting pitching the Fish has.

blingbling2334 said:
Miami doesn't revolve around the Dolphins. Get over out of state fans, the Marlins are in Pro Player.
Actually Miami started playing in the stadium 6 years before the Marlins ever were thought of. I'm lost at "get over out of state fans"

nine in a row, only a game and a half back. true it would be easy to count out the marlins, but the way they have been playing i'm still a believer. plus who gave us a chance at all to beat the cubs or the yankees last year and we did. jack mckeon is just an amazing manager.

Back
Top Bottom