How did we whiff on a qb?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How did we whiff on a qb??

kloud_9

Active Roster
Reaction score
I mean seriously...its getting bad for no reason... You can't tell me one of those qbs was clearly a better option than Moore? Sure manning,but chiefs and seahawks couldn't even sniff his sack. People...dont be delusional its all about the money.Those other qbs?they're not better than moore...flynn 2 starts and Alex smith with starters money?Cmon...4 years philbin has been with flynn.4!! he practically built him to what he is from that 7th round prospect..First off he didn't get starters money,2nd of all,who were all of these other teams asking for his services? But it looked like the right thing to do hugh..because they were together for so long -__- garrard is a backup...doesn't every team need one of those? If Matt went down who would be the qb? A rookie? Devlin?or let's resign losman...obviously the market just didn't pan out this offseason for a qb...you don't want feeley 2.0 do you? I don't..at least give your own guy who clearly deserves a chance a fair shot..he deserves that much I believe.

We are building through the draft folks...its what Philbin wants...he made a big deal about it when he got here and our front office is taking that approach. That is where we will get our QB.

We are building through the draft folks...its what Philbin wants...he made a big deal about it when he got here and our front office is taking that approach. That is where we will get our QB.

You cant tell 75% of the people on this site that...There is NO WAY the Dolphins should have even THOUGHT about signing Manning to the type of contract Denver did...and the fact that Denver said they were going to give him a 5 year 95 million deal on day 1 should have taken us out of the running...The Marshall trade was probably agreed to around the time of the scouting combine...based on Marshalls tweets from around then and later...but his incident in NY probably cost us better compensation...and from what I read, the Marshall trade was PUSHED by our head coach...We cut Bell which is what some on this board wanted, but when it happened a lot of the same ones bashed the move...I loved Bell and he will always be one of my favorite players but sadly with his age and skill set he was more of a liability in our division against someone like NE who has 2 WR playing TE...

You cant tell 75% of the people on this site that...There is NO WAY the Dolphins should have even THOUGHT about signing Manning to the type of contract Denver did...and the fact that Denver said they were going to give him a 5 year 95 million deal on day 1 should have taken us out of the running...The Marshall trade was probably agreed to around the time of the scouting combine...based on Marshalls tweets from around then and later...but his incident in NY probably cost us better compensation...and from what I read, the Marshall trade was PUSHED by our head coach...We cut Bell which is what some on this board wanted, but when it happened a lot of the same ones bashed the move...I loved Bell and he will always be one of my favorite players but sadly with his age and skill set he was more of a liability in our division against someone like NE who has 2 WR playing TE...
the bell thing makes me the most angry about the fanbase...liability,overpaid and all these things argued about...but when he is cut?? We have cut Dan Marino!! This is a new coach...new offensive and defensive coordinaters.give these men a chance. If he can make our cast offs Wilson and crocker look decent..I am excited to see what he has in plan for Reshad and our young corners.

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Talking about coyle

We wiffed on Flynn. We have not drafted a starting QB in round 1 since 1983. Thats 30 years of wiffing. I compare Flyn to a Ryan Fitzpatrick starter worst case and in our system he would be better.

Last year in the draft we wiffed on Dalton and Mallet. We have had nothing but castoff QBs and journeyman QBs since Marino retired.

Which whiff are you whiffing?

we diddnt and honestly our QB depth is better than last year Henne Moore Devlin, now its Moore Gerrard Devlin no real change here except losing B marsh

I'm fine with not signing any of these 'wiffs' - - I'd rather have Moore than any of those QB's including Manning if we'd have to pay him that much. Garrard will be good competition. A good draft and let's roll. I HATE ALL PESSIMISTIC FANS.

We wiffed on Flynn. We have not drafted a starting QB in round 1 since 1983. Thats 30 years of wiffing. I compare Flyn to a Ryan Fitzpatrick starter worst case and in our system he would be better.

Last year in the draft we wiffed on Dalton and Mallet. We have had nothing but castoff QBs and journeyman QBs since Marino retired.

Which whiff are you whiffing?
isn't flynn a cast off?unproven a.j feeley type who went ham when he got a chance to play on the eagles? Alex smith b4 this year was a journey man..it sucks...but I think this org is tired of trying to pry starters from other peoples roster to make them the "guy" if they aren't proven..I am completley behind that

What I fail to understand is how people cannot recognize that Ireland tied his own hands... Since all of these guys are garbage why are we forced into the market for them???? Ireland pis**ed his own bed... And now he's sleeping in it. Over paying for Over aged or under experienced QB's is EXACTLY what happens when you have no foresight.

It is the first option for the desperate. When you FAIL to acquire developmental prospects, take too long, or wrongly assess your own talent... Desperately looking for a QB when you desperately NEED a QB is precisely the wrong time... It limits your options... increases pressure and most importantly completely undermines your bargaining power.

You cannot begin the process of finding or developing a QB when you need one... It is already too late.

Back
Top Bottom