How do We fix that Chop Blocking Scheme??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How do We fix that Chop Blocking Scheme???

Sherf looks like a player to me...anyways suh gets cut the same side de has to flow laterally and fill...wake was taking upfield steps off the ball out of run looks trying to get upfield once suh is cut and theres no lateral flow down de to fill into the 2nd level the ball goes...play more disciplined

Taking advantage of overly aggressive play and pursuit

Be glad reshad jones was there...he saved us a lot

Sherf looks like a player to me...anyways suh gets cut the same side de has to flow laterally and fill...wake was taking upfield steps off the ball out of run looks trying to get upfield once suh is cut and theres no lateral flow down de to fill into the 2nd level the ball goes...play more disciplined

Taking advantage of overly aggressive play and pursuit

Be glad reshad jones was there...he saved us a lot

Jones saved that whole game for us if you ask me. He played at a whole other level Sunday.

Jones saved that whole game for us if you ask me. He played at a whole other level Sunday.

That reverse or end around whatever it was where they gave it to the tight slot the entire d took the bait if reshad jones doesnt come firing out of a cannon into the screen to throw crowder down for a 2 yard gain that might have scored...great play

Boy is our d undisciplined vs misdirection

Jones and Misi were all over the field saving us from solid plays turning into HUGE plays. they both took on tackles that shouldnt even of been theirs!!! thank you Jones, and Misi!!!

chop blocks are legal... its awareness of them that is needed by the players. there are illegal ways to do them, if double teams and all, which you dont see much ever. Washington came in and played totally clean with them (besides that leg whip, in which i believe he did that because he was out of position and beaten... he did a last second thing).

I don't think you understand, a CHOP block just is a cut block when someone is already being blocked and it is illegal. a CUT block is what Washington's Oline was doing most of the game and yes that is legal.

I don't think you understand, a CHOP block just is a cut block when someone is already being blocked and it is illegal. a CUT block is what Washington's Oline was doing most of the game and yes that is legal.

naw i do understand. i played football and live it my whole life and in college, was a defensive lineman as well. I have ben chopped blocked before and sent 360 in the air from a double team, guy going high at me then chopped low from the other side. and that was after getting a good read and angle on the tackle at first.

its just that everybody is calling the leagal blocks here in the game illegal, when Washington basically played clean. Also everyone is saying they were holding constantly... when they should know every offensive line constantly holds for the most part... even the Dolphins!!! It gets called, and it doesnt get called... its been part of the game forever.

so therefore awareness, and using your hands is what helps fight through all this.

(if i have been saying chop block where I shouldnt of been sorry. but i do know the difference... and I didnt see anything illegal at all from Washington besides that leg whip to Vernon after he beautifully eluded the cut block).

We need to institute Roller Derby rules. Let's assign a Defensive enforcer who's on the bottom end of the 53. Everytime we get "accidentally" leg whipped, he could "accidentally" cut block the opposing QB.

We could also trade for PacMan. He could also "accidentally" pull off the WR1's helmet and help him try to put it back on.

When people skirt fairness in an attempt to injure your player, I have no problem with my player defending himself with a greater response. When these lineman who "accidentally" leg whip a player start getting injured, they will embrace the true meaning of "fair".

A stomp here and a stomp there... and everyone can get back to playing football. I have zero tolerance for targeting.

cut blocks are not illegal though...

naw i do understand. i played football and live it my whole life and in college, was a defensive lineman as well. I have ben chopped blocked before and sent 360 in the air from a double team, guy going high at me then chopped low from the other side. and that was after getting a good read and angle on the tackle at first.

its just that everybody is calling the leagal blocks here in the game illegal, when Washington basically played clean. Also everyone is saying they were holding constantly... when they should know every offensive line constantly holds for the most part... even the Dolphins!!! It gets called, and it doesnt get called... its been part of the game forever.

so therefore awareness, and using your hands is what helps fight through all this.

(if i have been saying chop block where I shouldnt of been sorry. but i do know the difference... and I didnt see anything illegal at all from Washington besides that leg whip to Vernon after he beautifully eluded the cut block).

You definitely took the "I don't think you understand" the wrong way. I didn't mean it as you don't understand what a cut or chop block is, I was saying I don't think you understand that you were calling a cut block a chop block and obviously you didn't understand what you were saying. No I wasn't attacking your intelligence on the definition of a chop block vs a cut block I was letting you know that you're not using the terms correctly.

And Frankly I really don't care if you played the sport, plenty of played the sport on this site and don't know what the hell they're talking about. There's plenty of posts on here to see if someone understands the game or not. I can see that you know what a cut block is, and that you're just saying the wrong name for it and I was correcting that part for you so it wasn't confusing other people.

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

Targeting and cut blocks should be ejectable offenses.

Every single team in the NFL cut blocks, even us. Until it is suspended league wide it should not be ejectable or seen as dirty unless you were doing it for the sole reason of targeting a certain knee or something because you knew the Dlineman had a problem with a certain knee or something.

It would be interesting to watch Rams-Skins game this week. Whether they try the same against them or not, because the Rams will be prepared for it having watched the tape of the Dolphins-Skins.

Back
Top Bottom