How do you not... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How do you not...

ChaozFilms

It aint over till Queen Latifah sings!
Reaction score
draft Brian Brohm at #32 if he's still there? Last year some scouts thought if he'd gone pro he would've been the number 1 overall pick. Getting him at #32 would be a steal. Not a knock on Beck. He's got the potential to be our starter for years to come. But when did it turn to a bad thing to have two potential star QB's on the roster? Marino/Kosar? Bledsoe/Brady? Green/Warner? Brees/Rivers? Montana/Young? Unless of course you guys would rather have our more recent superstar combos of Fiedler/Lucas...Fiedler/Feeley...Frerotte/Lemon...Culpepper/Harrington...*cringe* I remember the last time a potential 1 overall fell to us as the last pick of the first round (which is what the #32 essentially is)...that turned out pretty well for us.

It depends who else is at 32. I think there are going to be a lot of better players at 32 other than Brohm. Players that could fill another need.

I started a thread about why I don't think we'll draft a QB this year here
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218524

As for your other comparisons....I don't remember Marino and Kosar being on the same NFL roster, ever.

Bledsoe/Brady.....Brady was a 6th round pick, I have no problem with the Fins using a 6th round pick on a QB.

Green/Warner.....Warner was undrafted, signed for cheap, nobody knew he was a star until he started playing.

Brees/Rivers....the intention was never to have 2 good/great QB's on the same roster. Brees had been given ample time to develop and hadn't. (2 or 3 years) He didn't turn into a star until that year, when Rivers was drafted. That's when they had a situation with 2 good QB's on the same roster.

Montana/Young. Again a different situation. Young was considered a bust and traded to the 49ers after the Bucs drafted Testaverde.

In none of these situations did teams decide to use a high draft pick to pick a QB just so they could have two of them. When you use a high draft pick on a QB it's because you need a guy to come in and start, or you have an older veteran starting and you're drafting his eventual replacement.
You don't draft a young QB when you already have two of them on your roster who haven't yet had a chance to prove themselves.

ummm...Kosar backed up Marino from 94-96...designed the fake spike play marino used against the jets...etc...they were definitely on the same roster.

ummm...Kosar backed up Marino from 94-96...designed the fake spike play marino used against the jets...etc...they were definitely on the same roster.

Ahhhh ok. I didn't remember that.

I just looked it up....in this case Kosar was a free agent acquisition, not expensive, and in the twighlight of his career.

Again, it wasn't a team giving up a high draft pick just so they could have two good QB's on the roster. It was a free agent signing for depth.

pretty much because he is garbage and less of a prospect than beck, and we have virtualy a need at every other postion. brohm is not as good as beck or as good as mccown.

Back
Top Bottom