How Does Ramsey Trade Affect the Draft? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Does Ramsey Trade Affect the Draft?

Washington especially blocking is intriguing. How good are his hands?
He has excellent hands and easily wins 50/50 plays. On tape, he looks a little slow to me but that wasn't the case at the combine.

For me a LG or a C would really impact the OL and help keep Tua productive and upright.

After that TE and RB on offense.

LB is the obvious defensive need but I am always willing to take a quality DL.

IF they stay at 51 and go BPA there are enough needs to be able to find a good player.

OL/TE/S could all be value and DL is always an option.

I would not go RB in R2 normally, and certainly not in this Draft.

Assuming Gibbs doesn't fall, which is probably a safe assumption, Kraft or LaPorta make the most sense to me.

Unless the team doesn't address RT before the draft. I think they will, because you can't count on a starting-caliber OT outside the Top 20 - let alone the Top 40.

Will say that Fangio went crazy adding CB's in 2021 - drafted Surtain after signing Fuller and Darby (think he was signed the same offseason). So, if a good one falls, can't rule it out, but it'd have to be a great value/fit.
It would be a little surprising, but that's obviously an area of strength in the draft so I don't think it's off the table. Safety as well.

A lot of this will depend on what happens over the next couple of weeks. How many holes will we fill in FA? I would say that signing David Long takes Campbell off of our draft board... or at least, pushes him well down.

Obviously, obtaining Ramsey seriously reduced our CB need. Sure, we might grab one if a guy we think is a 1st round guy, slips to the second... but I bet we don't do that. He wouldn't start.

I think we are now looking RB, TE, or DE, but that could change by tomorrow.

A lot of this will depend on what happens over the next couple of weeks. How many holes will we fill in FA? I would say that signing David Long takes Campbell off of our draft board... or at least, pushes him well down.

Obviously, obtaining Ramsey seriously reduced our CB need. Sure, we might grab one if a guy we think is a 1st round guy, slips to the second... but I bet we don't do that. He wouldn't start.

I think we are now looking RB, TE, or DE, but that could change by tomorrow.
It's looking more like an offensive draft.

Miami did sign Mostert. I really like him, but he's 30 and injury prone. So, I'd say running back is still in play. If Wilson signs, I think RB could be a late rounder, unless a Gibbs or Charbonnet falls.

Tight end is the biggest current need and the talent should match.

It's looking more like an offensive draft.

Miami did sign Mostert. I really like him, but he's 30 and injury prone. So, I'd say running back is still in play. If Wilson signs, I think RB could be a late rounder, unless a Gibbs or Charbonnet falls.

Tight end is the biggest current need and the talent should match.
I've got to agree with all of that, but as usual... I will add a Defensive End, because Ogbah is gone after this year. Even if he returns to form, and we wanted to keep him, we've pushed so much money into 2024 and 2025 that we really can't afford him.
It's a very expensive position to fill in Free Agency and we need a cheap player.

I've got to agree with all of that, but as usual... I will add a Defensive End, because Ogbah is gone after this year. Even if he returns to form, and we wanted to keep him, we've pushed so much money into 2024 and 2025 that we really can't afford him.
It's a very expensive position to fill in Free Agency and we need a cheap player.
I could see that. I do wonder which tight ends make it to the 3rd round. I think Kraft and LaPorta go in the 2nd. Kunz should be there, but he's a lot like Gesicki.

Last edited:
I could see that. I do wonder which tight ends make it to the 3rd round. I think Kraft and LaPorta go in the 2nd. The kid from Penn State should be there, but he's a lot like Gesicki.
I think they'll slide more than many here believe. Tight End is another cheap position in the NFL. There are not more than 5 (or so) difference-makers in the entire league... and so many TEs have been hugely over-drafted.

I honestly think we could find a pretty competent blocking TE on the third day. As I've said, Washington is a fit for us, but only because I think his potential is very high... most of the rest however, they strike me as slot Tight Ends (like Gesicki) or guys who lack a huge ceiling.

I like to play the depth game when there is a deep pool, just like we did with the FA LBs. You can't have a star at every position, so I'm prone to looking for cheap fits.

I never had CB as a likely pick at #51 unless they didn't think Needham was coming back. Even then, I figured they'd pick up somebody in FA so I had CB as a low priority.

My guess is that it will be BPA. And based on the boards I've seen that will be TE, LB, RB or S. OL is a possibility, but if so I expect it will be a redshirt year for him.

Unless a RB unexpectedly falls, I don't love options at #51. I like Abandikanda, Brown and Ibrahim, but they will be available later.

At 51 I'd love Campbell LB, Sidney Brown S or Kraft TE.

Back
Top Bottom