How far apart are we?[OGUN] | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How far apart are we?[OGUN]

ChambersNBoston

Dan Marino is a God
Reaction score
With contract negotiations still far apart...Do you think we can get this resolved and have Wale in a Miami Uni for the 1st game vs. the titans?...How does it look to you Finfans...slim chance or good chance we can get a deal that ogun likes?

i think it is a slim chance but i really wish it would happen soon

I think that the main problems is Miami wants Ogun to earn his money, Ogun feels like he already earned his money.

What I have a problem with is Drew saying that he will sit out the first ten games and then show up for the last six so that he can become an unrestricted free agent at seasons end. How can this be allowed and no doubt that they should have lowered his salary for this year. If he's not playing we shouldn't be paying! Plus have we actually reached contract agreements with any of our draft picks???

Spielman should've met Ogun halfway (1.8 - Kearse) w/ incentives.

Justasportsfan said:
Spielman should've met Ogun halfway (1.8 - Kearse) w/ incentives.

He can't do that. Drew is making the decisions, not Ogun. Ogun is working for Drew, not the other way around. Does anyone really think Ogun wants to sit out this season or play 10 games?

IMO there is a snowballs chance in HE#L of getting a deal done. I am so sick of "I want Kearse or Wistrom money" that I'm going to hurl. He will not get that type of money this year, and if he sits out there is another snowballs chance of him getting it next year. The best he could have done was sign the 1.8 million tender, play the year, and get his big payday next year. But no he is listening to Drew who has screwed the careers of clients before with these tactics, and could very well do it again here>

templarwd said:
He can't do that. Drew is making the decisions, not Ogun. Ogun is working for Drew, not the other way around. Does anyone really think Ogun wants to sit out this season or play 10 games?
I wonder if Spielman even tried to make that kind of an offer. I think that would be fair, Offer him millions and if he's legit by proving he can come up with the same nos. again, those incentives would move up his salary to one of the top DE's. Then again would that mean he'd be making more than Taylor?

Personally I think he either has been or will be offered Wistrom money. It's the Kearse part of that equation that is the problem.

Ogunleye's offer from Miami should not and will not even approach the Kearse deal. That is supposing that the Kearse deal is actually "REAL" money. If Ogunleye wanted to receive the Kearse deal he should have waited until his free agency year.

Since Ogun has received some bad advice it's going to cost him millions either way. Good job Drew! :evil:

If they are awaiting an offer from Miami near the 66 million mark, Ogunleye will never see the big contract. If you perceive this to be bad for Miami's season just consider how bad it will be for Ogunleye's career if his sits.

Missing a season in the NFL is like death for a free agent.

the dolphins shouldnt give in at all to any of drews bullsh!t. drew has already cost ogunleye tons of money for him holding out until the tenth game or some post said it might be seven or something. with each of those games that goes by is another 4 quarters that he couldve gotten a sack. someone needs to slap ogunleye in the face and wake him up. drew is doing his job and trying to get him money, although hes doing it like a sleezball. ogunleye, just come to camp, your only hurting yourself and dreaming dreams, and thats all those are gonna be... dreams. just watch next year if he hits the free agency market. hes gonna get less than half of what he wants and hes still gonna complain. and then they might find out he isnt even worth that amount of money. something i dont really understand anyway is why people need so much money in the first place. 420,000 a year. hell yeah id have no complaints about anything. i shall finish my rant with a new slogan of mine drew is poo...

Back
Top Bottom