How Important Are These Games To You? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Important Are These Games To You?

Butterfrog 2.0

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
How hard does a Dolphins loss hit you especially a tough one like this? A friend of mine was just telling me how he got so pissed after the game he threw something at the TV and broke it. I can remember breaking my fair share of things when I was younger over a Dolphins loss and not wanting to talk to anybody and being a total jerk to any and everyone for At Least that day lol. As I got older though I learned not to get TOO depressed over things I have no control over and thank God I did because 2007 probably would have sent me over the edge, but anyway.... How badly do you react to a Dolphins loss, how many things have you broken and what's the worst thing you said to someone after a loss? I can just imagine someone cussing out their wife just because she talked to them after a loss lol.

These games set my tone and mood for the week....so ive been in a pissed off mood for 2 weeks.

Kids, it is a GAME!

It is meant for PURE entertainment. Get your priorities straight. That was a GREAT EXCITING football game, we came up just short. Life goes on.

Wow!

These guys make my blood pressure go through the roof, haha!!! Im surprised i haven't had a heart attack.

Kids, it is a GAME!

It is meant for PURE entertainment. Get your priorities straight. That was a GREAT EXCITING football game, we came up just short. Life goes on.

Wow!

your not one of us.....

I've wanted to quit watching for years to stop the disappointment but I have never been able to.

Kids, it is a GAME!

Wow!

Somehow your wisdom on this subject escapes me when I'm driving 180 miles back to my house at 3AM.

Specifically with regard to Monday night games, I've always hated when the phins play on Monday nights. Win or lose, I've never been able to sleep well after a Monday night game. Last night's was pretty brutal, and I slept like shyt.

I used to take losses extremely hard, and it would definitely 'set my mood' for a few days after. This was mainly during Dan's career because I wanted him to get a ring so badly.

As I've gotten a bit older, I still take losses hard but realize that I have absolutely no control over the outcome. This, combined with the fact that although I will always be a Dolphin fan, it has gotten increasingly difficult to align yourself with and get overly 'attached' to a 'team' in the true sense of the term. This is simply because the entire makeup of a team can pretty much change from year to year due to free agency.

I get pretty pissy for about 30 minutes, then I get into a more analytical state of mind. I start to break down the game in my head and usually realize things aren't as bad as they seem. After that I usually realize that my life has not changed one bit as a result of the loss and then I move on.

After a loss like this,I often wonder what I did in a previous life to deserve this
torture.

Games like last night make me sick. Can't sleep and feel like crap today. It's a sick addiction....It will take a day or two to get over then hope and pray we can beat the Chargers. I think I need some help because this can't be normal.

yeah it pretty much sets my mood....i am so passionate i just shut down and become a jerk....my girlfriend normally gets the blunt end of it and has to try to "cheer" me up

i have found that if i go and work out its not so bad...i will work out like everyday this week to get out some of this anx

These games set my tone and mood for the week....so ive been in a pissed off mood for 2 weeks.

same here. what i dont get is how some fans like to sit back and get mad because some fans are pasionate and want to win . this ball club is becoming the marlins of the nfl and tthat wont cut it with me.

I expect to be the best and I want the best if that is too much for some to handle then those fans need to check themselves.

I am not blaming just Ginn and the defense should be held accountabl but for people to get mad because other fans are angry at our team performance is ridiculus .

we dolphin fans are accused of not having passion but then we have fin fans who are trying to discurage us from having passion.

look i will back off on my insane comments but i wont apologize for wanting the dolphins to be much better then what they are.

same here. what i dont get is how some fans like to sit back and get mad because some fans are pasionate and want to win . this ball club is becoming the marlins of the nfl and tthat wont cut it with me.

I expect to be the best and I want the best if that is too much for some to handle then those fans need to check themselves.

I am not blaming just Ginn and the defense should be held accountabl but for people to get mad because other fans are angry at our team performance is ridiculus .

we dolphin fans are accused of not having passion but then we have fin fans who are trying to discurage us from having passion.

look i will back off on my insane comments but i wont apologize for wanting the dolphins to be much better then what they are.

Hell..i wish we were like the Marlins..They have won two championships in
the last 15 years.

Back
Top Bottom