how long, if even, will it take for poole to start? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

how long, if even, will it take for poole to start?

Juice_56

Practice Squad
Reaction score
i think hes too good not to eventually start. if sam plays like he did last year he should be traded or released, but who would replace him howard or poole. i personably think poole since howard doesnt have very good speed for a cb, but he can run cover like a strong safety though. without that speed he may give up more big plays being on the field alot as opposed to a nickel corner that lines up off the ball anyways and doesnt need to be super fast.

Poole is the CB who fell to us for among other reasons, having very poor workout times. You're aware of that I'm sure.

Do you think Howard is even slower than Poole?

With all due respect, Howard and Poole would both run about a 4.55 40 IMO.

Poole is not a fast CB at all, in fact they are both quite average in terms of NFL speed for a CB.

All of our corners are of average speed. What separates them is the fact that they learned proper technique, study films and have a desire to be the best. Also the D-line puts extreme amounts of pressure on the qb forcing him into bad decisions and poor throws. BTW I think Sam deserves a little bit more respect than wanting to trade him and let Poole (ROOKIE) start. You can never have too much db depth. Last year we kept getting burned by the pass.

Drfletcherdc said:
All of our corners are of average speed. What separates them is the fact that they learned proper technique, study films and have a desire to be the best. Also the D-line puts extreme amounts of pressure on the qb forcing him into bad decisions and poor throws. BTW I think Sam deserves a little bit more respect than wanting to trade him and let Poole (ROOKIE) start. You can never have too much db depth. Last year we kept getting burned by the pass.
i wouldnt want poole to start this year, definately not. if madison goes through the year and becomes a liability we need to do something about it.

Will Poole is a STUD!!

We stole this guy in the 4th round!!! Pete Caroll said he's one of the best players he has ever coached! He is a shutdown physical corner who will fit in here nicely!Pro Football Weekly scouted him as: If it wasn't for his character concerns before the draft he would have been a possible top 10 pick! He might be the most NFL ready corner in the draft. I really don't think speed is a concern if you know how to play the position and he ran a 4.5. I love this kid!

I was truly excited when I saw that we drafted Poole. However, Madison or Surtain didn't start their first year. I think Will is going to be a starter in the next 2-3 years for us. I don't think Mady is going to have another off year, again.

Drfletcherdc said:
I was truly excited when I saw that we drafted Poole. However, Madison or Surtain didn't start their first year. I think Will is going to be a starter in the next 2-3 years for us. I don't think Mady is going to have another off year, again.
I don't think he will start but our nickle and dime packages will be nice, especially I think they moving Surtain to the slot for some coverages!You are also talking about depth and serious experience with Surtain,Madison,Knight and Howard!

Sammy!

Don't rule out Sam Madison he still has a lot of gas left in the tank! He got burned a couple times last year but he still one of the upper echelon corners in the league! IN SAM I TRUST! :D

Madison will probably start for 2 more years. After that, I think Poole and Howard will compete to start.

LIQUID24 said:
Madison will probably start for 2 more years. After that, I think Poole and Howard will compete to start.
I can see that!! I concur!
Liquid? I don't seem to see any swelling in Tyson's knees? Is this a hoax or when you blow out a knee it doesn't swell? I for one blew out my ACL and swelled up big time! I am just trying the conspiracy factor out for good ol' Mikey T!!

Back
Top Bottom