How many day 1 starting RT in this draf | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many day 1 starting RT in this draf

adamcal187

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Just wondered if some of the hardcore scouting guys could list the guys they would be comfortable with us picking for our starting RT job day 1. I hope we grab a playmaker early but know we cannot miss out on a RT. And with the second tier guys so many of the rankings say RT but better at guard which versitality is a good thing but I'm hoping to bring in our RT for the next decade not a player that can get by but will be moved eventually. If he could also somewhat play LT incase Albert goes down.

I'm thinking 3rd round is absolute longest we can wait and that's pushing it

If you consider the guys who would play LT also:

Robinson
Matthews
Lewan
Martin

After that it's hazy and depends how teams tend to like or dislike a guy. For example Tiny Richardson or Morgan Moses could both go first day, or both wait. Cyrus Kouandjo(sp?) is first round talent with 6rd knees.

Other guys that I'd have no problem with in the 2nd or 3rd rd:

Mewhort
Bitonio
Turner
Hurst (depending on how well his rehab is going)

If you consider the guys who would play LT also:

Robinson
Matthews
Lewan
Martin

After that it's hazy and depends how teams tend to like or dislike a guy. For example Tiny Richardson or Morgan Moses could both go first day, or both wait. Cyrus Kouandjo(sp?) is first round talent with 6rd knees.

Other guys that I'd have no problem with in the 2nd or 3rd rd:

Mewhort
Bitonio
Turner
Hurst (depending on how well his rehab is going)
Nice list. I would add James from Tennessee. I think he's a bit of a sleeper -- maybe a 3rd round pick.

Depends on what you mean by Day 1 starter. Eric Fisher was that last season. He also happened to have a very rough season (as the #1 overall pick).

The idea that Martin will immediately come in and solidify an OT spot is wishful thinking, imo. Could it happen? Sure. Likely to happen? I don't think so. He's definitely not on Fisher's level as a prospect, and I wasn't that high on Fisher.

Can we please stop mentioning these LT's. Besides Matthews, the transition from LT to RT hasn't worked out well for LT's recently.

1. Ja'Wuan James RT
2. Morgan Moses RT
3. Cameron Fleming RT

Didn't Justin Pugh play on the left in college and made the Pro Bowl on the right last year as rookie for the Giants?

Can we please stop mentioning these LT's. Besides Matthews, the transition from LT to RT hasn't worked out well for LT's recently.

There is nothing to suggest a guy who primarily plays LT can't play RT. Just because particular guys have had trouble with it means little to the overall skill set.

I like Billy Turner as the best fit. True move athlete. I also think Morgan Moses is going to be high on the list. I like Martin...but I just dont like him at 19. I think he is a better fit at guard than RT personally.

Back
Top Bottom