How Many Division Games Will Miami be Favored this Season? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Many Division Games Will Miami be Favored this Season?

#Division Games as Favorite

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 19 31.1%

Votes: 38 62.3%

Votes: 3 4.9%

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tyrod Taylor is their QB. They lost WRs in the offseason as well as key defenders (Gilmore/Brown). HOFer Dan Carpenter is gone too.

Tyrod Taylor is a much better QB than he gets credit for around here. His presence at the position in no way emits the notion of them being a mess. Taylor is good.

Concerning the defense and Brown's departure they are getting back injured Reggie Ragland and Shaq Lawson. Gilmore is a big loss, though.

HOFer Dan Carpenter? Am I safe to assume sarcasm? I sure ****ing hope so.

Tyrod Taylor is a much better QB than he gets credit for around here. His presence at the position in no way emits the notion of them being a mess. Taylor is good.

Concerning the defense and Brown's departure they are getting back injured Reggie Ragland and Shaq Lawson. Gilmore is a big loss, though.

HOFer Dan Carpenter? Am I safe to assume sarcasm? I sure ****ing hope so.

Yeah the Carpenter comment was just being silly. I don't consider Taylor to be a good QB. Decent at best. At time he killed Miami's defense so maybe that's furthering your view of him.

Yeah the Carpenter comment was just being silly. I don't consider Taylor to be a good QB. Decent at best. At time he killed Miami's defense so maybe that's furthering your view of him.

No. I certainly do not consider our defense to be a measuring stick for QBs. It has more to do with his accuracy, good decision making, his ability to use his legs at the appropriate times, and passing for 37 TDs to just 12 INTs (6 & 6) in the past two seasons he has started.

For comparison sake, Tannehill has never thrown for less than 12 INTs in a single season.

How in the world can you tell who will be favorite in a game in December or in September for that matter. Tom Brady, Edelman, Gronk, etc could be injured for the Pats and then the Dolphins might be favored. Same goes for every other team.
Much too early to speculate who is favored on a given game.

I don't think we'll see much improvement (if any) in the respect we get from oddsmakers. I'll say 3 games, both the Jets games and the Bills home game.

Considering what Coach Gase was able to do with last year's team and the fellows we've added and recruited, I believe we have a legit chance to win any game we play.

How in the world can you tell who will be favorite in a game in December or in September for that matter. Tom Brady, Edelman, Gronk, etc could be injured for the Pats and then the Dolphins might be favored. Same goes for every other team.
Much too early to speculate who is favored on a given game.
You mean like how the patriots are RIGHT NOW considered favorites to repeat as champs? Which means yes in June teams are already favorites for games in December. Cleveland is already the biggest underdogs for week 1

No. I certainly do not consider our defense to be a measuring stick for QBs. It has more to do with his accuracy, good decision making, his ability to use his legs at the appropriate times, and passing for 37 TDs to just 12 INTs (6 & 6) in the past two seasons he has started.

For comparison sake, Tannehill has never thrown for less than 12 INTs in a single season.

Taylor's started for two years and has attempted 816 passes in his first two years.

Tannehill on the other hand attempted 1,072 in his first two years (2,637 attempts in his career).

True but the Bills were always and will remain a run heavy team. Taylor has looked good against decent to bad competition. Not all his fault it was just they way the schedule turned out. But against good teams and in some that I watched, he was contained and forced to be an actual QB he syruggled. Several opposing players admitted that their gameplay was to make him beat them with his arm which he couldn't do. He also struggled to bring his team back late in games. His legs are what saves him and his statline.

HE is better than most options out there, but he is a high end back up at best.

Taylor's started for two years and has attempted 816 passes in his first two years.

Tannehill on the other hand attempted 1,072 in his first two years (2,637 attempts in his career).

Taylor has a higher TD% and a lower INT%.

I'm not lauding Taylor for another other than a good starting QB. This all came about b/c you erroneously called him a mess at the position.

Back
Top Bottom