How many more TDs with Bmarsh this year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many more TDs with Bmarsh this year?

mag1carl

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I was just watching a vid of Brandon Marshal (see link below) and was noticing that on almost every reception he broke loose from the first tackler and on several others he broke from the second and third tackler to make the TD. How many touchdowns do you all think this could equate to this year? In 2009 we lost 5 games by 10 points or less, if Brandon can give us at minimum of 5 additional touchdowns this year our season looks a whole lot better than 2009. Your thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv50dR_ZfGs&feature=related

Marshall is a stud not doubt. The play on the video does not happen every Sunday. In Marshall's career he averages a TD every 13.08 catches (25 TD on 327 catches).
Will Miami's offense be better? Of course, it healthy.

Most teams don't lose by many games by more than 10 points in the NFL unless you play in Buffalo, Cleveland or Detroit (soon to change).

Hard to say how much better Miami will be this year. Still have a tough schedule. Especially on the road. Also, 6 new starters at different positions on defense and very young. There is reason for optimism. However, Miami's offense may be better, but the defense may take a while before it clicks. Hopefully, Edds going down for the season is not a sign of things to come.

I agree, the offense will be better with Marshall no doubt, but the defense still has questions in it.

While I think he brings us the big play threat we've been lacking and he'll get his share of additional TD's, I think the real benefit will be all the other TD's that will be scored by other WR's and RB's because he's attracting most of the def attention.

16-18 more - He gets 8-10 TDs and adds another 7-9 between the RBs, WRs and TEs

16-18 more - He gets 8-10 TDs and adds another 7-9 between the RBs, WRs and TEs

Lets say Henne throws 8 touchdowns to Marshall, and he gets another 5 to the other players. That is +13. That puts him into the mid 20's with touchdowns, which, with our running game, is all we can ask for and hope to expect. I would say his addition alone puts us + 5 in points per game. We have so much potential to do great things this year

Back
Top Bottom