How many of you think Feeley will be our QB next year? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many of you think Feeley will be our QB next year?

Who will be our starting QB?

• AJ Feeley

Votes: 43 72.9%
  • Jay Fiedler

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Sage Rosenfels

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have been hoping that Feeley would be an upgrade, but so far thats not the case and it shouldnt be surprising.
Feeley didnt do anything last year except collect a paycheck. He hasnt played much football and Fiedler always is at his best in this type of situation.

Those of you that didnt want an upgrade QB because we invested so much in Feeley....get ready to watch Fiedler play again if Feeley cant improve about 500%

Feeley will be our QB if he is the best QB in Training Camp. I'm not going to say right now if he will or won't be our QB.

DOLFANMIKE said:
I have been hoping that Feeley would be an upgrade, but so far thats not the case and it shouldnt be surprising.
Feeley didnt do anything last year except collect a paycheck. He hasnt played much football and Fiedler always is at his best in this type of situation.

Those of you that didnt want an upgrade QB because we invested so much in Feeley....get ready to watch Fiedler play again if Feeley cant improve about 500%
It's a surprising stance you're taking DMIKE, I would think that if anyone realized the significance of learning a completely new playbook and the effect that may have on the first practice as a Dolphin, it would be you.

Feeley showed accuracy and arm strength > than Jay. That's really all anyone should be looking for at this point, IMO.

As Feeley learns the offense and the other players, his better arm strength and accuracy should shine. At least I hope so.

I've been thinking about Jay as a back-up... and I am having doubts he would be as good as some of us have assumed. I know he had that Redskins game last year, but we've seen how he is NEVER very good after he comes back from an injury.

Not playing every week means getting at least a bit rusty, and then it takes talent and experience to make up for that and to be able to play well. If Jay sits most of the season, then comes in for a game or three... is he going to be any good? :confused:

Probably better than Sage, yeah, but any better than another vet QB we could get our hands on for cheap? I've been pondering whether Rick shouldn't just "go for broke" by cutting Jay (after June 1st to save the cap money) and going after Collins. Offer him the shot at beating out Feeley for #1.

WITH Jay at the helm, we know how the season will end (9-11 wins, early playoff exit -if we even get that far) the guy is simply not good enough at QB. So why not dump him now and take a chance on another guy? Collins has been to the big dance, he has talent. The OL has to play well, regardless of who is in there at QB, so why worry about it? If they do, we go places, if they struggle, we are home again in January.

Back
Top Bottom