how many QBs in the past 20 years have won the superbowl who were not drafted 1st | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

how many QBs in the past 20 years have won the superbowl who were not drafted 1st

Dmarino110

Starter
Reaction score
round whos name is not Brady...

Eli has 2 - 1st rounder
Rodgers - 1st rounder
Brees - 1 of 2 second rounders in the past 20 years to win a superbowl (also if wanny wasnt a complete idiot we would have taken him in the first...who remembers who we took instead???)
Rapelesberger has 2 - 1st rounder
Peyton - 1st rounder
Brady has 3 - 6th rounder (I hate him) not many of his caliber get by...
Brad Johnson was a 9th round pick (how long ago was the last time the draft had 9 rounds)
Trent dilfer - When ever anyone says this dude was a bad QB remember HE WAS THE 6th overall in 94...he had talent
Kurt Warner - Undrafted, Released by packers when they hade FARVE, BRUNELL, and ty detmer...
Elway had 2 in a row - 1st over all
Favre - the other 2nd rounder besides brees...
Aikman had 3 - 1st round
Young - Went to the USFL for the richest contract in football history...

so in 20 years, 2 have been seconds, 1 was a 6th (but he has 3), 1 was a 9th, 1 was undrafted, and 1 went to the USFL to start...12 have been 1st rounders

now think logically...before the media completely began to over hype tannehill so they would have something to talk about because everyone knew who was going 1 and 2, he was a projected 3rd rounder, 2nd at best...THE MEDIA is over-inflating him and we as Dolphins fans are so DESPERATE for a 1st round talent QB that we are eating it up...but remember he was a projected 3rd - maybe 2nd and now because teams are desperate for qbs hes a 1st? hes not a real 1st, and you can see that only 2 second rounders have won the superbowl in 20 years (yes, we have wasted 5 2nds in how many years to get a qb)...everyone who is not a 1st and not named brady has won 1...4 1st rounders have multiple championships (yes multiple championships is what we are going for)

Tannehill is IN MY OPINION a wasted 1st round pick...if we can pick him up in the 2nd we have to hope he is at Favres or brees talent level, do any of yo think he is in their league? Favre was a freak of nature (lucky to be alive after his accident) and did something in college tannehill never did...He won big games...Brees also set big 10 records and won big games...

He is not in their league...

Dont waste the pick...fill needs with BPA the entire draft...

You can play these bull**** games all day.

The point is not where you take the quarterback, it's that you acquire one who can play. That's all that matters. It just happens to be that the quarterbacks who can play are generally found in the 1st round.

Statements like "such and such player was rated as a third rounder, or a second rounder at best" are just so much mealy mouthed crap. Being a first rounder or a second rounder isn't some absolute thing, it depends on the particular draft that you're in. Would Dan Marino have been the next to last pick in any year except 1983? I think not.

It all boils down to whether you like Tannehill... or you don't. If you don't like him, why would you take him in the second round, or even the third round? Just pass. But if you do like him, then ****ing take the guy. Don't head**** yourself over questions of "value" so much that you trade down and someone beats you to the punch. Quarterback is the only position where if a guy can play (pass rusher might be another), there is no such thing as reaching for him. The importance of the position is just too great.

You can play these bull**** games all day.

The point is not where you take the quarterback, it's that you acquire one who can play. That's all that matters. It just happens to be that the quarterbacks who can play are generally found in the 1st round.

Statements like "such and such player was rated as a third rounder, or a second rounder at best" are just so much mealy mouthed crap. Being a first rounder or a second rounder isn't some absolute thing, it depends on the particular draft that you're in. Would Dan Marino have been the next to last pick in any year except 1983? I think not.

It all boils down to whether you like Tannehill... or you don't. If you don't like him, why would you take him in the second round, or even the third round? Just pass. But if you do like him, then ****ing take the guy. Don't head**** yourself over questions of "value" so much that you trade down and someone beats you to the punch. Quarterback is the only position where if a guy can play (pass rusher might be another), there is no such thing as reaching for him. The importance of the position is just too great.
it can boil down to liking him but having him ranked as 2nd or 3rd round...YOU DO NOT DRAFT HIM IN THE 1st if on your board he should go 2nd or 3rd...

also once again, look at my list above, in the past 20 years, only 3 of those winners are not eventually hall of famers IMO...ben is on the bubble...

The media has made you like this kid, go to his rivals message board, no one there thinks he is a 1st round talent...

it can boil down to liking him but having him ranked as 2nd or 3rd round...YOU DO NOT DRAFT HIM IN THE 1st if on your board he should go 2nd or 3rd...

also once again, look at my list above, in the past 20 years, only 3 of those winners are not eventually hall of famers IMO...ben is on the bubble...

And if your board tells you he's a first rounder?

You act as if these things are written in stone somewhere when they just aren't. Every team rates players differently. One team's first rounder is another team's third rounder, or off their board completely.

The media has made you like this kid

**** off. Seriously. I watch more football and study more prospects than you could ever hope to do.

go to his rivals message board, no one there thinks he is a 1st round talent...

Who gives a ****?

**** off. Seriously. I watch more football and study more prospects than you could ever hope to do.
In all of your scouting, which big game did he win?

Which game did he go into and snatch victory from the jaws of defeat for his team?

Back
Top Bottom