How many yards for minor this year? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many yards for minor this year?

I think if they just give him the chance he can have a great season. I dont really like to see teams use 2 or more rbs. They just need to pick one player and say you are they guy that is going to get the carries.

I really hope we wind up with Onterrio Smith. He just seems to fit the script well, and Minor would be a terrific change of pace back.

He'll do good, but we're predicting his rushing yards....look for us to use him a lot in the passing game...some would say that is his strong suit.

Minor is not an, "every down back." I don't think he'd be able to carry the load like Ricky did. It's good to dream. But if we don't go out and trade for a quality back, we will most likely see minor split carries with another back on our roster. Much like Philly does with Buckhalter,Westbrook.

when we line up we now have alot of formations we can use. boston chambers mcmike, konrad, travis, or three wide, four - five donald lee is a good recieveing te, plus with the new OC ,and coaches that have a proven track record of producing talent. the runong game will not be defended as much as before, so if he starts he'll have a great year with 1126 yards, 8 td- 34 catches.

Dolphinizzle said:
Minor is not an, "every down back." I don't think he'd be able to carry the load like Ricky did. It's good to dream. But if we don't go out and trade for a quality back, we will most likely see minor split carries with another back on our roster. Much like Philly does with Buckhalter,Westbrook.
I agree. He has a good per carry average but he never even had a 1000 yard season with FSU. He's proven as a change of pace back. Maybe he could prove me wrong but he reminds me of Stacy Mack in Jacksonville. He always had a good per carry average spelling Fred Taylor and there were big expectations from him in Houston but he didn't pan out as a full time back.

Assuming we don't make an acquisition, my call is 800 rushing and 200 receiving for Minor. He'll probably get about 175 carries if he's the starter. Sammy Morris will get about 100, and Leonard Henry, Rob Konrad, and Fred Russell will split the other 125.

LostInPatsLand said:
...rushing the ball. he will not be our number one guy come October, probably sooner.

So you think he is going to get 400 to 500 yards less than last year? :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom