How much faith do you have in David Bowens? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How much faith do you have in David Bowens?

dolfancoolio said:
hold on someone explain it to me here. if the o-gun doesnt re-sign he'll be a FA at the end of the year and end up with less cash this season than if he were to sign the tender and become a FA at the end of year??? or does he not become a FA at the end of season if he signs the tender or sumthin like that???

If Ogun holds out, he has to be active for at least 6 games to have this considered a year in the NFL, and thus be eligble for UFA next year. What people are getting at, is that he'll make much much less money by holding out for all but the last 6 games. Would you want to pay top dollar for a player whom you thought could be a product of a star on the other side of the line, who is demanding a big payday, and who was so selfish that he refused to play for his team and opted to sit out when he didn't get his money? Add to that the whole reason that we got Ogun in the first place... he had a serious injury comming out of college. So I've got a possibly injury prone DE who may not even be that good, and could be the product of being opposite a perrenial probowler... who played NO football last year (do you honestly think Miami will allow Ogun to play the last 6 games to showcase his wares?) and didn't play football last year because he did something selfish and detrimental to the team... Yeah, sign me up... I'm gonna make him the best paid DE in the league.

If Ogun holds out... he's screwing himself over ala Orande.

With Ogunleye here I have plenty of confidence in Bowens' ability to come in on some downs and be a good role player. With Ogunleye gone I dont have much confidence in Bowens' ability to stay healthy enough to give us an even slightly below adequate starter for the year.

what is the cutt off date for the current oen year tender? Isn't it in a couple of days?

I for one have a fair amount of hope for DBo. I remember his quickness playing special teams for us a couple of years back and think he could be a force with a speed rush. If Ogun doesn't play, and I think he will sign, but in case, I would be happy with Jay Williams playing first and second down at LDE with him sliding inside on third and DBo coming in. We did it with Mixon and Armstrong a few years back and the system could work.

Back
Top Bottom