How to get an extra draft pick? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How to get an extra draft pick?

utahphinsfan

Club Member
Reaction score
Trade Madison. To who? the Rams. This is a team who has been secondary deficient for years and is probably willing to give up a 3rd round pick.

I personally would settle for Damione Lewis and a 6th rounder.

Honestly the Rams wont give up D.Lewis and a 6th for him.....Madison has very little trade value but the Dolphins may move him for a pick or cut him.

We should trade Madison and our 1st round to Houston for their 1st. Maybe throw in an O-Lineman. Do you thikn the Texans would listen?

Aqua4Ever04 said:
We should trade Madison and our 1st round to Houston for their 1st. Maybe throw in an O-Lineman. Do you thikn the Texans would listen?

they would want 2 picks and madison, but 1)Saban won't do the huge leap up the boards thing, he believes to much in his own ability to make players overachieve. 2)The Texans will get a better offer 3)The Texans won't want to move that far down the board

Aqua4Ever04 said:

Houston already has good DBs and they would be stupid to drop that far down. I say we stay put and draft BPA.

Why would a rebuilding team like Houston be interested in a one or two year stop gap in Madison? It makes no sense for them whatsoever.

musphinzfan said:
Honestly the Rams wont give up D.Lewis and a 6th for him.....Madison has very little trade value but the Dolphins may move him for a pick or cut him.

Yes, lets take our best defensive back and cut him...that is a GREAT way to continue the rebuilding process...

:blowup:

More Sam Madison hate on this board...I'll never understand it...

We should trade Madison and our 1st round to Houston for their 1st.

they would want 2 picks and madison,

So many people on this board have no clue about the relative values of top picks it's not even funny. The Giants gave up a 1st, 3rd, and a 5th to move up 3 spots! I don't even want to think what it would take to move up 14.

unifiedtheory said:
Yes, lets take our best defensive back and cut him...that is a GREAT way to continue the rebuilding process...

I really don't understand it either, but it's not only the board that feeds the hate. The South Florida media seems to think Madison is on his way out as well.

No doubt Madison is not ideal for Saban's system, and he certainly has had some trouble adjusting to the zone coverages, but he's still our best corner. His salary may outweigh his performance, but the only way it makes sense to cut him is if we can find at least 2 or 3 guys that can come right in and upgrade our secondary. By cutting Madison you are creating another hole in a unit that is already the weakness of our defense.

BTW who's gonna take Madison and his large contract that outweighs his performance? The only way we'd get him off our roster would be to cut him.

MiamiMan147 said:
So many people on this board have no clue about the relative values of top picks it's not even funny. The Giants gave up a 1st, 3rd, and a 5th to move up 3 spots! I don't even want to think what it would take to move up 14.

Don't try to mix reality in with the "Madden" reality that goes on around here sometimes.

When I suggested it would take our '06 first, '07 first, Ricky and another day one pick in '06 (a third) to move up to the top 3 for a chance at Leinart I was called an "idiot" for doing so...

I think people should have to go back and look at HISTORY to find out what it takes to move up the draft board.

unifiedtheory said:

For alot of people I don't think it's so much hate as being realistic. What is Madison's salary hit in 06 $ 4-6 Milion I believe. We got rid of our best CB last year and if Saban doesn't feel he's worth it (Which is a good bet) then Madison will be gone also. Personally I hope he's waived and brought back as the nickel back. And yes rebuilding is about getting younger!

vinivedivichi said:
I really don't understand it either, but it's not only the board that feeds the hate. The South Florida media seems to think Madison is on his way out as well.

No doubt Madison is not ideal for Saban's system, and he certainly has had some trouble adjusting to the zone coverages, but he's still our best corner. His salary may outweigh his performance, but the only way it makes sense to cut him is if we can find at least 2 or 3 guys that can come right in and upgrade our secondary. By cutting Madison you are creating another hole in a unit that is already the weakness of our defense.

I think this is well said vini. It would be my guess that Sam will still be here one more year

vinivedivichi said:
BTW who's gonna take Madison and his large contract that outweighs his performance? The only way we'd get him off our roster would be to cut him.

I'll take Sam whiffing on the run (occasionally...his lack of run defense skills are VERY overblown on this board) as long as he covers the reciever...

...I'll take a great cover corner who is mediocer against the run EVERYDAY of the week.

For those of you who are going to get all crazy because I called his lack of run defense "overrated" speak now. I'll get the numbers at some point tonight and prove you wrong.

Teams run it to the right guard/right tackle/middle of the field on the Dolphins around 65%-70% of the time. If Sam was as bad against the run as everyone here makes him out to be I would think opposing team would run it MORE to his side of the field...not less.

vinivedivichi said:

Saban got a 4th rounder to play near at Madison's level his rookie year and with out Madison's contract to carry we would have room to seek a "value added" FA CB. Hopefully by mid season Poole will be starting, but I can almost guarantee you Madison will be trade bait and at the very least restructure.

Back
Top Bottom