How to improve the secondary? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How to improve the secondary?

NJ Dolphan

Rookie
Reaction score
They've been awful all year. This game just shows how bad it is. I think Jason Allen is still decent, but obviously not good enough to go against an elite receiver.

Question, is there anyone out there who is available as a free agent or through a trade of one of our picks in the first two rounds?

In the words of Dennis Green, "Anybody know what that's called? That's the draft, ok?"

You want to trade one of our first two draft picks for a free agent? Uhh, no. Vontae Davis of Illinois is available in the draft and so is Malcolm Jenkins out of Ohio State and it's highly likely that one of these guys will be available when it's our turn to draft. Jason Allen is coming along nicely but the secondary is easily our most pressing need going into the off-season.

Vontae Davis or Malcolm Jenkins are two guys that could come in and be ready to contribute immediately and make our secondary very respectable.

I'm not saying trade a pick for a free agent. But, if there's a non-free agent D-back to be had for a pick, I think you do it. Bird in the hand, worth two in the bush.

I think we need to draft a FS, when a corner blows a play, the safety is there to cover it up.. our safety is not there, Renaldo Hill sucks

I think the Allen experiment is over. I had patience with him moving back and fourth from Corner to Safety with different coaches coaching him, but enough is enough. He's a defensive sub at best.

continue to coach up allen and the younger guys, draft people and build a franchise that can just SH*T ON EVERYBODY

We didn't draft or bring in any d-backs....I think th Tuna will address this in the off season. The game was close through the third quarter but our defense just couldn't shut anyone down. It is just ONE loss though and I think we still have a good shot at the playoffs.

Renaldo Hill and Jason Allen need to be replaced badly. They may be ok for second string that's about it. Both are far from starting caliber. We're not going to fix this this season. Next season we should have a major tune-up in the secondary. We basicly spent our whole draft building in the trenches.. and we're doing pretty well there, save a lack of a running game, but to be fair we have no depth there. Secondary definately the worst unit on this team along with special teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Renaldo Hill and Jason Allen need to be replaced badly. They may be ok for second string that's about it. Both are far from starting caliber. We're not going to fix this this season. Next season we should have a major tune-up in the secondary.

No they're 3rd stringers or lower, our STARTERS would be backups on any other team

If we can Sign the Corner from Oakland this offseason i would be very happy with him and WIll Allen playing across from each other

Back
Top Bottom