How will it finish????? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How will it finish?????

finregime

Who's Yo Daddy
Reaction score
I've heard various takes on this offseason from Wayne's decision to keep Wanny to us trading a 2nd round pick for feeley to compete with Fiedler who we thought would be gone to us getting Boston.I have had my moments of negativity and my moments of optimism but Im going to try to have a balance here.I don't know how alot of confusion in the FO transpires into success but we'll have to see.Im kinda' sick of watching us fill our most skilled position(QB) with 2nd and 3rd stringers.Why call ourselves getting a diamond in the rough for diamond $$$ when this kid lost his starting job at Oregon and never got it back and never made it past 3rd string in Philly.Some say it's b/c Detmer was the holder but don't you think if he was all that much better than Detmer they would teach the kid to hold.You want your second best guy on the field if a problem occurs so thats BS.Point being is Feeley is nothing more than a hopeful for us much like any back up and Fiedler we all know what he can do in crunch time and that's lose.The 1 playoff won by him was won by Lamar Smith and the O-Line.When Oakland clamped down on the running game the next week all we saw was Woodson taking it back for a TD.Fiedler will always do this b/c he's reached his peak so there isn't any real glorious hope in him.We don't have a development in our system like most teams do so when or if Feeley fails what do we do? Draft? We could've done that and have been criticized for not doing it by others.Do we go after another Vet? Im sick of vets cause they are quick fixes with little left in the tank.Wahington got Brunell with a great prospect on the bench so there are no worries for their future.With all the negativity out there in the media about this being our worse offseason in years I hate to say I agree.Im not being negative but it is what it is.I hope if it doesnt start out well like 1-5 or 2-7 that we will go ahead and release Wanny and start looking for a real head coach.When they decided to keep Wanny it was a point of direction and I don't really like our direction.

Sorry if that wasn't positive enough but this franchise is not used to being laughed at nor am I!

finregime said:
I've heard various takes on this offseason from Wayne's decision to keep Wanny to us trading a 2nd round pick for feeley to compete with Fiedler who we thought would be gone to us getting Boston.I have had my moments of negativity and my moments of optimism but Im going to try to have a balance here.I don't know how alot of confusion in the FO transpires into success but we'll have to see.Im kinda' sick of watching us fill our most skilled position(QB) with 2nd and 3rd stringers.Why call ourselves getting a diamond in the rough for diamond $$$ when this kid lost his starting job at Oregon and never got it back and never made it past 3rd string in Philly.Some say it's b/c Detmer was the holder but don't you think if he was all that much better than Detmer they would teach the kid to hold.You want your second best guy on the field if a problem occurs so thats BS.Point being is Feeley is nothing more than a hopeful for us much like any back up and Fiedler we all know what he can do in crunch time and that's lose.The 1 playoff won by him was won by Lamar Smith and the O-Line.When Oakland clamped down on the running game the next week all we saw was Woodson taking it back for a TD.Fiedler will always do this b/c he's reached his peak so there isn't any real glorious hope in him.We don't have a development in our system like most teams do so when or if Feeley fails what do we do? Draft? We could've done that and have been criticized for not doing it by others.Do we go after another Vet? Im sick of vets cause they are quick fixes with little left in the tank.Wahington got Brunell with a great prospect on the bench so there are no worries for their future.With all the negativity out there in the media about this being our worse offseason in years I hate to say I agree.Im not being negative but it is what it is.I hope if it doesnt start out well like 1-5 or 2-7 that we will go ahead and release Wanny and start looking for a real head coach.When they decided to keep Wanny it was a point of direction and I don't really like our direction.

Sorry if that wasn't positive enough but this franchise is not used to being laughed at nor am I!

Good post. I basically agree with everything you said. There are alot ?? with this team, The QB, the new and improved(?) offensive line, David Boston, the OC, etc, etc.
Like you I am not happy with the decisions to keep Wanny and Feidler, but that is the reality so I will cheer for this team to win, with them or possilbly, in spite of them.
As for the question marks on this team, I believe the QB position is the biggest one we have. Nobody know what we have in Feeley, but I will wait until TC starts to pass judgement.
Maybe, just maybe, whatever Rick Speilman saw in him is real, and with the coaching of Marc Trestman he does become the next in a trend of QB's coming from nowhere to lead their team to lofty heights (Warner, Brady, Delhomme. etc.)
My big fear is that Feeley is nothing better than a 2nd or 3rd stringer and that Feidler will be the guy again. If that is the case we will probably be left with another "oh so close season" of either just missing the playoffs or being a victim of an early post-season exit.
Having said that, what if Feidler does start, but the O-line is much improved (as I suspect it will be) and Boston does keep his head screwed on straight (which I also believe will happen). Will this team, with Ricky, Boston, Chambers, McMichael and the D be enough win inspite if it's shortcomings, i.e. the QB, HC, an unproven OC and a young line. Maybe. Hopefully.
And if not, well at least we will be rid of Fiedler and Wanny once and for all........right Wayne?

Man we are bored here aren't we.........is it Sept. 9th yet?

And if not, well at least we will be rid of Fiedler and Wanny once and for all........right Wayne?

I guess it's real simple; either we go to the playoffs and succeed or we'll get what we want with these 2 gone.NO new coach would have Fiedler as QB but us.Thanx for the reply!

finregime said:
I guess it's real simple; either we go to the playoffs and succeed or we'll get what we want with these 2 gone.
Of course that what we thought last year too.

NO new coach would have Fiedler as QB but us.Thanx for the reply!

As was shown when he was allowed to seek a trade and got nothing.

Im tired of a once prominent franchise being laughed at and personally I blame Wayne not Wanny for that.

Sell the team Wayne cuase you suck as a owner!!!!!!!!

finregime said:
I guess it's real simple; either we go to the playoffs and succeed or we'll get what we want with these 2 gone.NO new coach would have Fiedler as QB but us.Thanx for the reply!

If I'm feeling "the glass is half FULL" then I allow myself to think Feeley will be the consistent QB we need, the OL will be young and improved, Boston will be back to Pro Bowl form and Wanny will have learned to gameplan and adjust.

Is all this too much to ask/expect? Yeah. :D

We should have some of those things fall our way though. If I want to be negative, then I can see Fiedler starting again, Boston being a pain, the OL being little better than last year, and Wanny still not able to gameplan.

In this case, I fear that we would win 10-11 games (given the favorable schedule) get to the playoffs and lose again in the first round. Wanny would be pointing to his "10-11 win season" and the fact we got to the playoffs as enough improvement to keep his job. Nevermind that we would still be lacking a true starting caliber QB, that we are no match for the best teams in the league. Just getting to the playoffs doesn't mean your team is all that good, in this age of parity.

I'm going into this season hoping that everything pans out, and we win 12-13 games, take the Divison, and make it at least to the AFC Championship game. Otherwise, I want Wanny and his crew gone. :yell:

Im glad im not the only one feeling this way cause it seems things have been sensitive around here about negativity on our team.This isn't negative stuff;it's just we don't like the moves made to make this team a win now team.

finregime said:
Im glad im not the only one feeling this way cause it seems things have been sensitive around here about negativity on our team.This isn't negative stuff;it's just we don't like the moves made to make this team a win now team.

I agree, our team formula was fine we needed to add pieces here and there to improve our team and it seems like the pressure has increased more then ever because of wayne. We need a owner that cares about his team more then his money. :evil: <wayne

Back
Top Bottom