How will the season unfold? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How will the season unfold?

KAISER

A.L.C
Reaction score
Im aware that it is very early to be guessing as to what will happen but eveyone here has there own view of how the fins will perform, who will be performing, and why certain things will happen. I will share my thoughts so everyone knows where I stand and i hope that u guys will share yours as well so I can get to know some of your guys views on where this team is heading.

1. Although feeley has not shown it during his FIRST mini-camp with his BRAND NEW team, I feel that he will ultimatley bond with this new offense and improve week by week. I believe that he will be the starter for game one and will never look back. I expect him to show us what he has to offer and we will realize that it is far more then jf could ever offer. When he begins to get his timing right he will impress us with his ability to throw the outs and ins more consistently and with greater velocity and accuracy then jay currently has. Lets face it jf has shown us what he has to bring to the table and imo it is an inability to show consistency. With out consistency this team will have to go back to relying on ricky alone.........we have seen the results when that happens. Feeley prove he is worth a 2nd rd pick by being able to play smart football and minimize costly mistakes. I don't blame fiedler for his inability to play consistent football, I imagine it is very hard to overcome lack of velocity and accuracy in this league. I feel that he has tremendously over achieved thus far and I applaud him for it, however, his road has come to an end and now it is time for feeley to take the lead and for fiedler to be a supportive and very good backup.

2. Boston will dominate opposing cb this year and will be a valuable tool for feeley to use. i don't see any need to worry about his dedication to this team and his friend/coach sullivan.

3. The o-line will solidify and will surprise all of us from game one.

4. The defense will be stiff and will cut down on the sloppy tackling that they showed us last year.

Why am I so confidant that feeley can lead us to the playoffs and hopefully to the sb? I see a kid who has been a backup his whole career, I see a kid who has shown that he can play well when called upon in short notice, I see a kid who has won the respect of the philly fans and coaching personal even though he has seen very limited action, I see a kid who got placed in the perfect situation to be able to excel, he has playmakers all around him, he will not have to bear the burden of resurecting a dead team. All aj feeley has to do is play smart. He will be able to play smarter football then fiedler because he has greater skills then fiedler.

AJ FEELEY will prove his skeptics wrong the first game he plays because somewhere between now and that point he will realize that this is his team now. This is his team, with all this great talent on it. This is his team, that has been waiting for a qb that can utilize the talent to its full potential. This is his team, who will not ask him to be a star but just to get the ball in the hands of the stars that are already there.

I could go on and on about why I think this will happen and why I think that will happen for hours.

To be honest with you, I think that feeley could not have asked for a better situation to come into. That goes the same for d-bo and the new o-line pick ups. I think that the players mentioned will step up to the challenges that will be ahead of them because they all know that if they do this team has the sky as the limit. As long as everyone plays their role well this team will be the next big surprise in the nfl. But we as die hard finfans will be able to say that we knew it all along, it was just a matter of time.

Well I kind of agree with you on just about all counts...

1- AJ, though as would be normal to expect, for anyone coming into a new team and learning a new system is having a learning curve. Specially for the most demanding position of the team which is QB. I can't say for sure if he will start, but once, he gets on the field, I am sure that he will do well. I know he will get better as the season winds down in Novemeber and December, those swooning months that hunt us Dolfans...

2- David Boston is David Boston, worst case scenario, if he plays like he did last year, it will definitely be a plus for us. He had a better year last year than DT had, so it will be a plus for CC, just the potential of DB breaking loose in the secondary is enough to help our WRs...

3- The OL, I think this is more of worry than who our starting QB is. I know that this line will gel and will execute well for the running game, as well as the passing game, the question is how long will it take for them to accomplish this? Usually OLs take at least a year or so to familiarize the guys with each other, so T. Wise has his hands full, if this team is expected to make the Post Season...

4- Last but not least our Defense, which has been for the most part the pillar of this team. When they play great this team wins, and when they don't our offense struggles. With our upgrades in the FA market as well as the draft aquisitions, IMO, we have improved our Pass Defense. We needed to shore up our weaknesses there. With Howard, Poole, Sam, Pat, Knight, Freeman, and Bell, our nickel and dime package looks improved.

And last, I think we have upgraded our Special Teams, with the aquisitions of Morris, Russel, Bua, Minis and Wilkins and of course Jenkins will be back...

It should be an interesting season, it has already become an interesting offseason... ;)

The O-line and Feeley concern me right now. It has concerned me from the beginning of the off-season. Nothing has me comfortable with the QB situation or O-line right now. If both do not pan out, Miami is done.

I hope for the best though.

RUDEbyallMEANS said:
The O-line and Feeley concern me right now. It has concerned me from the beginning of the off-season. Nothing has me comfortable with the QB situation or O-line right now. If both do not pan out, Miami is done.

I hope for the best though.
If both pan out miami is as good as any team in the league

Do not forget the thing i hope to see more of. Aj Starts and actually completes the deep ball to Chambers and Boston! I mean when that happens Ricky will be able to really cut loose.Dolfanreal69

Yea, if Feely can hit enough deep bombs to keep the defense thinking about the pass, they'll back off enough to let Ricky run wild and return to his 1800-yard rushing form of a few years ago. I'm really excited to see what happens this season.

You have a great positve attitude. I think this team will surprise us also. Feeley will be a postive and with his passing, the running game will open up. The schedule seems to favor us. Maybe this is our year.

Being positive is a good thing cause even if things don't pan out ( which i know wd suck) Dave Wannstedt Gets his over due walking papers. And tht people would be a good Way to ease the pain of another championshipless season.

We'll probably host a wild card game, win it, then lose the second week of the playoffs at Indy or New England, a game in which we will surrender a double digit first half lead.

Back
Top Bottom