How Would You Feel if Walsh Had Coached the Dolphins? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Would You Feel if Walsh Had Coached the Dolphins?

DolFan707

Almost There Since 1973...
Reaction score
Bill Walsh (RIP) has gotten me thinking: Bill Walsh was 75. Don Shula is over 77. How would the Nation, Florida, Miami, and the Dolphin and NFL community act when in 50 years (I hope) Don Shula perishes? What about Harry Kalas? Jimmy Johnson, Larry Csonka, Bob Griese, and Dan Marino? I hope all of these men live as long as possible, but how would you react when they die?

Marino would have had at least 2 rings. Look how Walsh drafted and built a franchise. Danny would have been regarded as the best QB of all time with no arguments whatsoever.

Just saw a short thing on ESPN about him. Walsh put a lot of emphasis on timing/hitting the receiver on target in stride- one of the things Cam Cameron is stressing in camp. I just hope TG and the WR have it down by September!

Marino would have had at least 2 rings. Look how Walsh drafted and built a franchise. Danny would have been regarded as the best QB of all time with no arguments whatsoever.

Well lets not get ahead of ourselves. Walsh "built" that franchise by spending, spending, and more spending. It ruined the 49ers till, well maybe last year. I'm not saying Walsh wasn't a good Coach but the owners money had much more to do with those (and the Cowboys) championships than any "X's & 0's" or drafting.
Owner.jpg

Just saw a short thing on ESPN about him. Walsh put a lot of emphasis on timing/hitting the receiver on target in stride- one of the things Cam Cameron is stressing in camp. I just hope TG and the WR have it down by September!

Good thing Camron is putting an emphasis on that! Heck I hear the other 31 Head Coaches are putting an emphasis on not hitting the WR on target or hitting him on the left ankle! darn we'll have a nice advantage there!

I didnt know 4 super bowl titles meant the ruining of the franchise. I think that the dolphins probably would have won a super bowl during that time because he utilized an offense that had never been seen before in that time period. Speaking of drafting, he was the one to draft jerry rice, joe montana, dwight clark, and ronnie lott who were all dark horses before their involvment with the 49ers. So drafting was just as important as FA to their success.

You want Shula to live another 50 years? Who the hell wants to live to be over 100?

Maybe Dan could have gotten a ring?

I will be amazed if Don Shula lives until the age of 127.

Well lets not get ahead of ourselves. Walsh "built" that franchise by spending, spending, and more spending. It ruined the 49ers till, well maybe last year. I'm not saying Walsh wasn't a good Coach but the owners money had much more to do with those (and the Cowboys) championships than any "X's & 0's" or drafting.
Owner.jpg

Sour grapes...nothing you just posted makes any sense at all...admit it...this guy was waay ahead of Shula and many other modern NFL coaches... Shula was loyal to some mediocre players and poor coaches to a fault...and it cost us. We had winning seasons, but caved in the playoffs.

run...run...pass(Danny save us once again in the 4th qtr because i've been forcing a horrible running attack averaging 3.1 yards a carry) Have you forgotten? Gotta keep the other team honest ya know....I haven't forgotten that frustration.

God Bless you Bill, we'll miss ya!

He was also smart enough to know how to shut down Marino, by using the Dime defense, knowing Miami didnt have a running game to speak of. It was quite a feat at the time, because very few teams could stop Danny and the Fins offense. Was a great coach and great motivator, smart guy, and was very much respected. Will miss ya, coach!

For dolphin obviously losing shula will be more difficult but for NFL fans losing Shula and Walsh will be similar, both are coaching greats who meant alot to the game and Walsh will be mssed while someday Shula will be missed.

Owner.jpg

You are either the most uniformed poster on this board or just a hater of Bill Walsh. You don't build teams by spending, spending, spending. You build teams through the draft and Walsh orchestrated some of the best drafts ever. Beyond drafting extremely well, Walsh also created one the most effective offenses in NFL history.

As for you contention that Walsh's spending ruined the 49ers. This one boggles the mind. The salary cap was not implemented until about 7-8 years AFTER Walsh retired.

Back
Top Bottom