Hyde: What should Dolphins spend on Tannehill? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hyde: What should Dolphins spend on Tannehill?

Tannehill MUST take the next step in his development. In 2016 he needs to have the 35 TD passes and 4,500 yards passing. He needs to hit more deep passes and develop more pocket awareness. He needs to become the unquestioned leader on offense. Follow that up with leading the team to the playoffs.

I don't care what kind of numbers he put up next year or the year after because with more or better utilization of the running game, Tannehill might never put up another 4,000 yard passing season. I do think he not only needs to become the unquestioned leader of the offense but possess the ability to make others around him better.

Tanny deserves more than what Andy Dalton got.

If Tannehill is worth $14+ million per season then we need to see the 35 TDs and 4,500 yards passing and a ranking in the Top 10 in NFL QBs or he isn't worth it.

It scares me how much you are sounding like Omar right now.. I do know better though lol

It scares me how much you are sounding like Omar right now.. I do know better though lol

I mean $14M per year would also be the 16th highest annual salary among QB's. That doesn't even factor in Luck and Wilson's new deals. You're telling me annually we could be paying Tanny as the 18th highest paid QB? No brainer...

WHATEVER IT TAKES. You want 4500-5000 passing YDS and a AFC championship? Get him a OLine worth a ****.

If Tannehill is worth $14+ million per season then we need to see the 35 TDs and 4,500 yards passing and a ranking in the Top 10 in NFL QBs or he isn't worth it.

Wow!!! Then hopefully Tom Brady will be giving back some of his Money, because the last 3 years his stats are not up to what you consider a 14+ QB.

Tom Brady last 3 years:
Year........Yards..........TDs...QB Rating
2012......4,827............34......... 98.7

Bottom line is, Tannehill needs to be a Top 10 QB to deserve that kind of money.

Bottom line, he is already very close to that, so before it cost Miami a ridiculous amount to only go a bit further up stats wise, Miami will act like smart business people and sign him cheaper now.

Back
Top Bottom