Hypothetical - Dolphins trade DVP and Pick 11 for DEN pick 5. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hypothetical - Dolphins trade DVP and Pick 11 for DEN pick 5.

Denver would be happier letting the bills come up for their 2 picks. Also, who wants DVP? What film do they watch that's says, "Oh we gotta get that guy!"

1) Parker doesn't play like an Alpha.

2) We draft his replacement in the 2nd or 3rd round.

3) Trade posts don't go away on a day where there is a Madden-like flurry of them.

Elway will laugh at Tdumb if he calls asking for that trade.

The difference between spot 5 and spot 11 in the NFL draft is not Devante Parker. I'd be surprised if Parker could fetch us a 5th rounder, let alone trading into the top 5 from pick 11.

There's no way Denver takes that deal, we'd be lucky to get a 4th for Parker. Brian freaking Hartline produced more during his time here.

There's no way Denver takes that deal, we'd be lucky to get a 4th for Parker. Brian freaking Hartline produced more during his time here.

The thing is after seeing players like Allen and Watkins get $$$ for related production and worse injuries - I actually think Parker has some value in a trade offer.

I would definitely do this trade. Moving from 11 to 5 would take a 2nd rounder at the very least and trading DVP for a 2nd round is very unlikely.

The thing is after seeing players like Allen and Watkins get $$$ for related production and worse injuries - I actually think Parker has some value in a trade offer.

Watkins has had prior success, to start his career he had 2029 yards and 15 TD's his first 2 years, Allen had that monster 1400 yd 14 TD season and followed it up with a decent 883 yd 6 TD season. Parker has never comes close to achieving anywhere near these numbers. Those guys got paid with the hope that they can achieve their prior success. Parker doesn't have any prior success to warrant that kind of hope and paycheck.

Last edited:
Keenum is a stop gap. Denver will draft a QB to groom as their future franchise QB. It’s rare for a team like Denver to draft in the top 5. When you have a shot at one of the top QBs in the draft you don’t trade it away.
Only foolish people like Nick Saban, Bill Parcells blow chances like that.
Buffalo is doing everything they can to move up, as they are now desperate for a QB. The Browns and Jets need a QB. The top 4 will be gone way before 11.
2 weeks ago I thought the Phins had a chance at Mayfield. Not anymore.
My own personal feeling is that Guice is their guy and I would be fine with that.
I think this draft will be heavy on offense and many of you will be disappointed when they pass on a defensive player.

Last edited:
So...Denver signs Keenum

They need a WR #3 after not tendering Bennie Fowler.

Perhaps with Vance Joseph familiarity and the signing of the slot machines (Amendola, Wilson) they accept a trade of DVP with our RD 1 #11 for pick RD 1 #5.

I'm guessing we would need to throw in a 4th to make this happen.

Miami needs to move cap after signing James to an extension.

Feasible? Possible?

Denver isn’t going with Keenum as their long term QB. Keenum is just a bridge QB, so that’s why Dener will draft the best QB available at #5, UNLESS the Jets or Bills can’t find a QB , and send a lot Denver’s way.

Back
Top Bottom