I am loving the Bills Problem with Henry | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I am loving the Bills Problem with Henry

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2045197
Halfback Travis Henry will remain with the Bills indefinitely because general manager Tom Donahoe held to a value that never materialized.
Henry, however, was the one trade that should have happened and didn't. In late February, the Cardinals were ready to make an L.J. Shelton-for-Henry trade. It was a $3 million left tackle for a running back. The Bills wanted more, asking the Cardinals to swap their better position in the second round. Donahoe held firm and thought he would get a trade when the Eagles showed interest. Then came the Bucs.

The best offer was a fourth-rounder from the Eagles. The Bills held to the third. On Friday, the Cardinals didn't return Buffalo's phone calls. Donahoe didn't budge on his demand for more. Like a greedy gambler, Donahoe didn't know how to fold 'em and watched the Bucs, Cardinals and Eagles draft first-day running backs.

Now, he's stuck with Henry, who will probably hold out. Donahoe liked Shelton to a certain degree but Bills coaches didn't. In the end, the Bills didn't get value and have a distraction in Henry, and they might lose him and get nothing in return after the 2005 season, when his contract is up.
:mdfin:

Thats why Tom Donahoe is widely regarded as the best GM in the league :lol:

clear.gif

If I was the Bills, I would go into the season with both backs. I understand Henry wants out but that doesn't mean the BIlls have to grant him his release (or his trade). If I was the Bills, I would go into the season with both back and if Henry wants to sit out, that's his loss. It isn't like the Bills couldn't use Henry. This is the NFL and McGahee, just like any other RB in this league, could go down at any moment!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
If I was the Bills, I would go into the season with both backs. I understand Henry wants out but that doesn't mean the BIlls have to grant him his release (or his trade). If I was the Bills, I would go into the season with both back and if Henry wants to sit out, that's his loss. It isn't like the Bills couldn't use Henry. This is the NFL and McGahee, just like any other RB in this league, could go down at any moment!
Henry has stated that he won't play for the Bills. My hope is that TD keeps over estimating his value, and Henry just sits out the season and walks next year. :)

Back
Top Bottom