I am surprised that nobody has brought up | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I am surprised that nobody has brought up

PhinPhreak

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
the fact about the Fins not drafting a WR now. I know they thought they had Boston and Chambers but this was one of the reasons I was on the draft a WR bandwagon, just in case.

This was supposed to be the deepest draft for WR in a long time, and even though they had Boston and Chambers, they had no idea how Boston was going to turn out or if they were going to have problems extending Chambers. So why not draft a WR to cover your A$$.

Well, we needed an offensive lineman at the time and took that first, then, we took a steal in Will Poole, great move. After that, there were definately no WR's that could make a big addition this year. P.K. Sam woulda been nice later, but once again, raw talent.

with the other needs on our team we couldnt' have afforded to use a first round pick on a WR. In retrospect why didn't we draft a RB? We have questionable depth after Ricky right?

Yea, true, but we didn't have a second, and we needed O line worse at the time the draft was going.

Tough call, but the draft picks we did get are making some noise in camp...who knows, maybe some of the WR we already have will step up.

dolfan87 said:
Yea, true, but we didn't have a second, and we needed O line worse at the time the draft was going.

Tough call, but the draft picks we did get are making some noise in camp...who knows, maybe some of the WR we already have will step up.

Lets hope! :D

I didn't disagree with the pick, I am just surprised it wasn't brought up. It's just that some people didn't understand why some of us wanted a WR before the draft.

PhinPhreak said:
the fact about the Fins not drafting a WR now. I know they thought they had Boston and Chambers but this was one of the reasons I was on the draft a WR bandwagon, just in case.

This was supposed to be the deepest draft for WR in a long time, and even though they had Boston and Chambers, they had no idea how Boston was going to turn out or if they were going to have problems extending Chambers. So why not draft a WR to cover your A$$.

Because it's much harder to find quality OLine men than it is to find quality WRs

PhinPhreak said:

I disagree. Miami already has good WR's that they drafted to back up. From what I hear, JR Tolver is really good. We definetly needed a lineman for our first pick. And btw, the WR's in last years draft were probably better than this years draft were. We'll see though.

Phinz gave the correct answer. We were desperate for an o-Lineman so that was going to be the first priority. After that there was nobody that the team had ranked very high at wide reciever. When P.K. Samm was there I was sure hoping that we'd take him. I'm going to watch him and he better not turn into a star NFL wide reciever. Nothing against P.K. but I'm still mad about Wannstedt picking Eddie Moore over some outstanding talent at reciever. I think that was the pick that got him yanked out of his G.M. duties. Kim Bokamper was talking about this very issue today on his radio show and his feelings were that this was a very important pick and Dave simply blew it bigtime showing that he doesn't belong in the drivers seat on draft day. I couldn't agree more.

PhinPhreak said:

Can you really blame the draft we had though? I still think it was a good draft, and I'd rather have Carey over Rashaun Woods and Michael Jenkins. Had Lee Evans been available I'd rather have him, but it didn't turn out that way. After that the only other name available was P.K. Sam and he wouldn't even start above Thompson. Guaranteed.

Back
Top Bottom