I don't think anyone's mock draft (excluding Jake Long) had it turning out this way. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I don't think anyone's mock draft (excluding Jake Long) had it turning out this way.

phinphan4life

Obscure obfuscation
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Over the last 15 years or so I've been pretty draft savvy. I've kept track of a lot a statistical minutia on players from obscure schools. I've watched players' mechanics: how their hips turn out of the break, arm slot on passes, arm extension and footwork on blocks etc. But this is the first time in recent memory that I can say I really have no idea who most of these players are after round 3. I'm not saying just because I don't know who the hell some of these guys are they won't pan out. I'm just saying, I sincerely hope that the Dolphins scouting department really, really did their due diligence on these players. I can't speak for everyone, but I think we passed on quite a few players that could have contributed right away. Well, here's to hoping I'm wrong and that we found some gems (especially since we completely ignored WR, CB & S)
:beer1:

because we continuously filled a spot that we dont need...BP is going to push the current players we have now without filling the Skill positions

I agree noone saw this coming. I live near buffalo and all i heard for a month was devin thomas was coming to buffalo and he drops all the way to the eagles in the second andall of the trades noone predicted that

Over the last 15 years or so I've been pretty draft savvy. I've kept track of a lot a statistical minutia on players from obscure schools. I've watched players' mechanics: how their hips turn out of the break, arm slot on passes, arm extension and footwork on blocks etc. But this is the first time in recent memory that I can say I really have no idea who most of this players are after round 3. I'm not saying just because I don't know who the hell some of these guys are they won't pan out. I'm just saying, I sincerely hope that the Dolphins scouting department really, really did their due diligence on these players. I can't speak for everyone, but I think we passed on quite a few players that could have contributed right away. Well, here's to hoping I'm wrong and that we found some gems (especially since we completely ignored WR, CB & S)
:beer1:

i agree with you.. what i think it is with all teams sometimes is that: teams dont expect certain players to fall that far, and when it comes to the pick, they have heavily scouted other players and fell in love with others, so higher rated picks fall.. thats when we start seeing names we dont know

plus i dont a Mock, whats the point, they always seem to pick players nobody thinks they will pick, top 5 picks are almost guaranteed ahead of time, the rest is a FREAKING CRAPSHOOT!!

I know people had the Murphy, Langford and Henne picks in the mix

I wasn't one of them lol.

Back
Top Bottom