I got good news Heat Fan! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I got good news Heat Fan!

minus

Perennial All-Pro
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Ian Thomsen from SI likes Wright also. He listed 3 future All-stars in the mag:

Shaun Livingston, Robert Swift and

Dorrell Wright: The 6-8 forward's athleticism and zeal for defense made him a coaches' favorite in leaguewide workouts, and the Heat's up-tempo style will bring out the best in him.

(no link, straight from the mag)

The summer league started already?

That was fast...

I am a huge Dorell Wright fan, and from what I've been told...he did alright. He had 5 points in the first half, and he looked real shaky. Most of his points came in the 3rd I think, but he did have "star like" flashes.

He said it himself, once he got out there he was nervous. Washington's summer league roster is sick. They have Jarvis Hayes and Jared Jeffries playing out there...that should be against the rules.

Caron Butler went 5-17 shooting in his first summer league game, and Dwyane Wade had 10 points. Both had 5+ turnovers I think.

When I think of Dorell Wright's potential...I think of a poor man's McGrady. Obviously he hasn't proved it on the court, but he has those kind of skills. I really hope he can live up to his potential. Wright is going to surprise a lot of you THIS year as well. He's going to play. Mark my words on that.

If I'm home...I'll get to see him in action against Cleveland(I think it's tomorrow), as that will be on NBA TV. It should be interesting seeing Wright go up against the 10th pick in this year's draft, Luke Jackson.

I'm really excited about what Dorrell can bring to this team. He should be a solid backup at the 2/3 (and possibly the 1, i dont know) for the 1st year or so, then once Jones leaves he can take over at the 2 and team with Wade to form a dynamic and talented young backcourt.

Back
Top Bottom