I guess no rookies have to report. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I guess no rookies have to report.

steve setron

surfin
Reaction score
Anyone think its strange a day before rookies are to report to camp that we dont have any signed? I cannot fathom what this FO has been doing. You would like to see something positive to take the attention away from the negatives. Maybe Dave will retire on the eve of training camp. I think the management must be very hard to deal with or someone would have signed. I am really beginning to worry.:confused:

steve setron said:
Anyone think its strange a day before rookies are to report to camp that we dont have any signed? I cannot fathom what this FO has been doing. You would like to see something positive to take the attention away from the negatives. Maybe Dave will retire on the eve of training camp. I think the management must be very hard to deal with or someone would have signed. I am really beginning to worry.:confused:

:roflmao: :roflmao: Sad but true. I am beginning to really dislike "Speilspin".

Well the undrafted rookies will report since they are signed.

Speilman has always been known to play hardball with drafted rookies. He tries to get them to sign longer contracts than the market dictates and tries to get them to sign for less than the market dictates as well. I'm not surprised that no rookies have signed. If I was a fourth rounder, I would only sign a contract that is 3 years with a bonus that is right for the exact spot where I was picked. When you try to get these guys to sign 4 year deals, many are going to be reluctant. The base salaries are always the minimum and the signing bonus' they are getting aren't exactly huge.

In the end Spielman can get the job done. I am glad he is our GM, because he knows how to do the job. It'll be a week before we start getting the guys in, don't worry.

I saw somewhere that we are the only team w/ no picks signed...if that is true it doesn't give me a good feeling about the FO. And I think the whole Ricky situation is going to put a bad impression in the minds of our picks. I have no idea what goes on in these dealings with contracts and so forth but I can't help but think the problems we've experienced this offseason goes all the way to the top. Huizenga does not seem like the ideal owner...I live in Houston and I saw somewhere that at one time Bob McNair almost was sold the Dolphins organization. Being in Houston Bob McNair seems like a great owner who will do anything to win just not maniacally like Snyder. I'm not a Texans fan but man I wish McNair was our owner.

I have to agree with Prime Time. I think Spielman is just about the only positive of this offseason.

Also, the rookies will be there.

Back
Top Bottom