I have just witnessed the single worst piece of officiating I have ever seen! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I have just witnessed the single worst piece of officiating I have ever seen!

NYPhinFan said:
They said he did not have possesion before his knee was down...you can put in any way you want....that was an interception!. The single worst officiated game I have ever seen.

EXACTLY!

Mike Ferreira said when explaining the call "he did'nt have possesion when he went to the ground".

How can you have the ball in your hands, roll one and a half times and NOT have possesion?

Alex22 said:
He caught it while diving through the air

He rolled around WHICH DOESNT MATTER YOU HAVE TO MAINTAIN THE BALL THE ENTIRE TIME YOU ARE ON THE GROUND

while one knee was still down he kicked it out

call on the field is overturned

Its the right call

Whatever. He had the ball in his hands...you and Mike Ferreira are the only two people on the Planet who think the ruling was right.

I'm not. I'm disappointed that another game almost ended in controversy, but at least this time the deserving team won.

I still don't see why people aren't bringing up the non-called false start though. Yes, Pittsburgh didn't score on the drive, but two and a half minutes ticked off the clock and 20 yards moved. I don't know that field position would have been altered much since they only started at the 20 due to a touchback....but the Colts arguably would have run the football with 9 minutes still on the clock.

Besides, chaos theory states one call that's different changes the entire outcome of the game so who knows maybe Indy would have scored 41 points in 5 minutes.

But honestly, Pittsburgh deserved this one.

NYPhinFan said:
On 4th and inches..we have just witnessed the first do over in NFL history!. Either its false start on the offense or offsides on the defense! To state that there was no flag on the play...then what the hell just happened?!?!..Nothing?!?! The ball was not snapped yet players interacted and moved past the line of scrimmage....The NFL should be ashamed of themselves...I have never seen anything like that before ever! This crew should be fired right after the game!

100% agreed. also what was up with that interception being called back?

This game reminded me of most of the college bowl games which were also poorly officiated. I thought Randal El got mugged on 2 plays in the first half one on the short little flip pass by Roethlisberger and one on the long pass when Marlin Jackson cleary stopped his progess to get back to the ball.

There were plenty of bad calls too bad they all favored the colts. It should have been a 10 pt game when it ended. And it should have ended much sooner. Total BS. And why as dolphins fans would be bias. Not like anyone had any vested intrest in pittsburg. And notice how everyone on cbs explains why its a bad call, it mirrors what we are saying.

I don't have a rulebook handy but if that is indeed the rule it is WEAK. I agree with one thing, and probably only one, that John Madden said while he was rambling on one Monday night. He said that in today's NFL it seems like all of the rules are geared to make excuses as to why a catch isn't a catch and a fumble isn't a fumble. I agree with that 100%. Every close call seems to be an incompletion or no fumble in these 2 scenarios. It's weak, very weak.

unifiedtheory said:
EXACTLY!

Mike Ferreira said when explaining the call "he did'nt have possesion when he went to the ground".

How can you have the ball in your hands, roll one and a half times and NOT have possesion?

His exact words were:

"After review, the player caught the ball, lost it prior to getting his knee off the ground, therefore it is an incomplete pass". He wasn't arguing possession, he was stating that since his knee wasn't off the ground apparently he hadn't completed the football move.

Do I agree? No. But the NFL really should explain what a "football move" is so we can stop arguing.

false start? i dunno bout that... maybe a guy flexed his fingers... but the Colts totally tried to force the issue by storming across the line, and that was bone-headed... They deserved encroachment for being so assumptuous... Bad non call, one way or the other, for sure...

RobFins2005 said:
I'm not. I'm disappointed that another game almost ended in controversy, but at least this time the deserving team won.

I still don't see why people aren't bringing up the non-called false start though. Yes, Pittsburgh didn't score on the drive, but two and a half minutes ticked off the clock and 20 yards moved. I don't know that field position would have been altered much since they only started at the 20 due to a touchback....but the Colts arguably would have run the football with 9 minutes still on the clock.

Besides, chaos theory states one call that's different changes the entire outcome of the game so who knows maybe Indy would have scored 41 points in 5 minutes.

But honestly, Pittsburgh deserved this one.
The whole point of this thread was the non-call do-over about the false start...but after that there was enough awful calls that people forget it. I have never seen a do-over in this league...never! So what exactly happened with people in the backfield and ball not being snapped and whistles blowing 20 seconds after the fact!

unifiedtheory said:
Whatever. He had the ball in his hands...you and Mike Ferreira are the only two people on the Planet who think the ruling was right.

He never got OFF THE GROUND

you cant maintain possesion while on the ground if you lose the ball while you are still ON THE GROUND

and your previous post is also flawed

The referee said

That he caught the ball, but didnt maintain possesion, his left knee was down as his right knee kicked it out

You even misheard the call

WestCoastPhins said:
There were plenty of bad calls too bad they all favored the colts. It should have been a 10 pt game when it ended. And it should have ended much sooner. Total BS. And why as dolphins fans would be bias. Not like anyone had any vested intrest in pittsburg. And notice how everyone on cbs explains why its a bad call, it mirrors what we are saying.

You can't just say something was a bad call and then lift the points that came as a result off the scoreboard. It doesn't work that way.

Had the call been made differently, chaos theory states the rest of the events would be completely different and none of them would have been what happened in this game.

It was a bad call, but if I'm going to hear whining about this for the next century, I might have to leave message boards for a while.

Alex22 said:
He never got OFF THE GROUND

you cant maintain possesion while on the ground if you lose the ball while you are still ON THE GROUND

and your previous post is also flawed

The referee said

That he caught the ball, but didnt maintain possesion, his left knee was down as his right knee kicked it out

You even misheard the call

That isn't what he said :). read my above post

RobFins2005 said:
His exact words were:

"After review, the player caught the ball, lost it prior to getting his knee off the ground, therefore it is an incomplete pass". He wasn't arguing possession, he was stating that since his knee wasn't off the ground apparently he hadn't completed the football move.

Do I agree? No. But the NFL really should explain what a "football move" is so we can stop arguing.

Thank you

Thats the most logical arguement anyone has made against the call so far

I still think the call was right based on the rule

But the rule is flawed and should be changed some

Back
Top Bottom