I just read that Baker Mayfield is now a Panther _ LOL | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I just read that Baker Mayfield is now a Panther _ LOL

A 5th for Mayfield is dirt cheap tbh...
A conditional 2024 5th rounder and the Browns are paying 2/3 his salary which is over 10 million per.

happy animated series GIF by Oggy and the Cockroaches

TBH I would have given the Browns Teddy for Mayfield. Browns would have Bridgewater and Bissett if Watson is suspended for the 2022 season. Miami would upgrade the back up qb role at cheaper cost. The only draw back would be all of the noise from so called experts saying Mayfield should start over Tua.

TBH I would have given the Browns Teddy for Mayfield. Browns would have Bridgewater and Bissett if Watson is suspended for the 2022 season. Miami would upgrade the back up qb role at cheaper cost. The only draw back would be all of the noise from so called experts saying Mayfield should start over Tua.
I thought Mayfield was also a problem in the locker room.

Relax Ray - Cleveland will be fine. They have Jacoby Brissett to cover Deshaun's projected absence and they have a very good running game.
You misunderstand me.
I find this news both relaxing and humorous.
No aspect of this trade is without humor.

The only seriously meaningful part is where the Panthers get two medium-to-fair QB's for the price of one. In that regard they came out ahead.

Otherwise, it was a lose only trade for both parties. The Panthers are likely going to be stuck with a weaker QB than the old aging QB they got rid of in Newton, even if their QB cost has been reduced - and the Browns will be without a QB they just spent $45 Millon for.

I hope a lot of other teams that we will be playing do "as well" with their QB's in the next few years.- LOL
Panthers and Browns make you glad to be a fan of any team possible. Granted. Baker still has some life in him potentially. But desperation in professional sports is getting out of control and being decided by people who have too much money and no brains to be given the ability to cultivate a long time winner.

Let me guess, you don't think too highly of NFL ownership - LOL

I would have preferred Baker in Seattle to make things a little tougher on the 49ers since we have their 1st round pick. IDK, I don’t hate the move for Carolina.

The way I see it. Up to this point in their careers it's hard to argue Tua has been better than Mayfield.... but that's mainly due to Tua's lengthy list of injuries.

Let's say Baker is slightly better than Tua, which I don't think he is, but just for conversation let's say Baker beats Tua for the starting job. I still don't see Baker as a franchise QB, he had an excellent team in Cle and didn't really accomplish anything. I think if Tua coulda played on Cle and stayed healthy he woulda done at least as good as Baker did and prob even better.

So to get to my point, if we had Baker and Tua... and Tua doesn't get significantly better than Mayfield, we need a new QB. If Baker were to beat out Tua..... we would still need a better QB.

I'm happy to put my eggs in Tuas basket. Hes more accurate and has better pocket awareness. The only things that can derail Tua are our shaky o-line or if Tua gets hurt again. I like Tua but if he gets hurt again this year, it would make it 4 straight years he's gotten hurt... maybe 5, I'm not sure bc I hate Alabama and didn't pay much attention to them when Tua was there, so if he does get hurt again in 22 im gonna sour on his potential pretty quick.

The way I see it. Up to this point in their careers it's hard to argue Tua has been better than Mayfield.... but that's mainly due to Tua's lengthy list of injuries.

Let's say Baker is slightly better than Tua, which I don't think he is, but just for conversation let's say Baker beats Tua for the starting job. I still don't see Baker as a franchise QB, he had an excellent team in Cle and didn't really accomplish anything. I think if Tua coulda played on Cle and stayed healthy he woulda done at least as good as Baker did and prob even better.

So to get to my point, if we had Baker and Tua... and Tua doesn't get significantly better than Mayfield, we need a new QB. If Baker were to beat out Tua..... we would still need a better QB.

I'm happy to put my eggs in Tuas basket. Hes more accurate and has better pocket awareness. The only things that can derail Tua are our shaky o-line or if Tua gets hurt again. I like Tua but if he gets hurt again this year, it would make it 4 straight years he's gotten hurt... maybe 5, I'm not sure bc I hate Alabama and didn't pay much attention to them when Tua was there, so if he does get hurt again in 22 im gonna sour on his potential pretty quick.
I think Baker has shown glimpses of being a very good NFL qb. To be 100% honest Tua is my guy because Miami drafted him and I want him to get a fair and honest shot at being the qb he has the potential to become. Let's say I had no emotional attachment to either, say one was drafted by Denver and the other by Atlanta and they were both available by trade for the Dolphins today. Based purely on what they've shown on their college and pro tape so far, They would both have their pros and cons but I'm not sure I could say Tua has looked like more of a prospect than Mayfield has. Both would be interesting with McDaniel and the current offensive roster in Miami. I just don't think I could handle the circus that would come with having them both compete with each other for the job.

You misunderstand me.

The only seriously meaningful part is where the Panthers get two medium-to-fair QB's for the price of one. In that regard they came out ahead.

Otherwise, it was a lose only trade for both parties. The Panthers are likely going to be stuck with a weaker QB than the old aging QB they got rid of in Newton, even if their QB cost has been reduced - and the Browns will be without a QB they just spent $45 Millon for.

I hope a lot of other teams that we will be playing do "as well" with their QB's in the next few years.- LOL

I think a lot of professional teams have amazing ownership. But some teams always seem to want the splash signings for a lot of money and long term commitments. (Usually other sports besides football) Example. Angels. And I can't understand the money and draft picks given up for Watson. It's a huge risk to begin with based on availability but you still have to build a team around him. Example Lions vs Rams.

You misunderstand me.

I think Watson will cost the Browns only $10 million this year. Further evidence they had done enough research to have the foresight to be prepared to not have Watson for one year, although evidence is mounting and momentum is building that he will be suspended for less than that.

EDIT- actually, I just read that if he’s suspended for an entire year he costs Cleveland nothing this year and $10 million in 2023. The entire contract gets pushed back a year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom