I own Greg Cote | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I own Greg Cote

DrAstroZoom

Bon vivant
Reaction score
DrAstroZoom; 5/10/04; 3:39 PM

... what choice did we have?

If we promote Sullivan to OC, we lose the best chance we have to carry David Boston beyond his troubled immediate past and reach his potential. Make no mistake, if Boston succeeds, it will be in no small measure due to Sullivan's hand-holding.

If we promote Trestman to OC, we have the same void in QB coaching we did last year, except the problem is compounded by attempting to work in a new face at the position. Whether Feeley or Fiedler ends up as the starter, he would need the kind of experience Trestman offers to step up his game.

Greg Cote; Miami Herald; 5/11/04

I like that Miami did not promote-by-rote and recycle either of two other staffers who have been NFL O-coordinators before. Mostly I like that because both are needed elsewhere -- for reasons that speak of the lack of settlement on offense right now.

Marc Trestman's skills are better used by putting Feeley and Jay Fiedler into the training-camp blender and trying to come out with one usable, slightly above-average arm. And Jerry Sullivan's skills are better used baby-sitting the mercurial Boston.

Neither Feeley nor Boston has particularly impressed so far, so Trestman and Sullivan not only have their plates full, but may need bigger plates.

You know... I've never seen you both in the same place at once....

Maybe you ARE Greg Cote!

:roflmao:

phinphanphrommi said:
You know... I've never seen you both in the same place at once....

Maybe you ARE Greg Cote!

:roflmao:

I hope not...I'd hate to see Muck have to break bad on somebody else for quoting themselves... :lol:

DrAstroZoom said:
That's right. I'm the king, baby ...

HEY!! BigFinFan said I'm the king!!

I scooped the entire media yesterday!!....:party:

Well, I would have said let's indian leg wrestle for it, but that would put me at a distinct disadvantage.

I want to go back on topic long enough to keep this thread in the main forum ... I think the point I was making (which Cote ripped off :lol: ) is that as long as you're going to have a first-year OC anyway, you don't have a huge falloff from Collier to Foerster, and by promoting Foerster instead of one of the experienced coaches, you keep your "best" coaching talent focused on the team's problem areas.

Back
Top Bottom