I take this as a great sign for Boston | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I take this as a great sign for Boston

PhinPhan1227

Why is there a watermelon there?
Reaction score
From the Sun Sentinel:

A high profile player that can keep his mouth shut...will wonders never cease?

"BREES CRITICISM

Boston's seemingly focused approach also allowed him to take the high road regarding some disparaging remarks from San Diego quarterback Drew Brees, who recently called Boston a ''bad influence'' on the team. Brees said the Chargers are better off without the former Pro Bowler.

''I have no comment,'' Boston said. ``I felt that when Drew was playing, he was a good quarterback.''

Asked if he understood why Brees might say that, Boston had a surprisingly self-aware response.

''I sure do,'' he said. He declined to elaborate.

''That's not something that needs to be discussed right now,'' he added. ``I don't think that has anything to do with my situation here. I'm trying to do everything I can to help this team win a championship. So me going into my personal life about why I get along with people or not doesn't matter here.''

In short, poke all the holes you want, Boston isn't too concerned."

Nice to see that Boston didn't start a verbal war through the media, though it wouldn't have been very good considering the Bolts suck & have two busts at QB.

It takes some maturity to bite your toungue and not retaliate, cuz it would be really EASY to make fun of Drew Brees.

Fiedler for MVP said:
the funny thing is, he made brees look like a bigger jerk by keeping his mouth shut and complementing him...rather than fire back.

Isn't that always the way!! Bravo Boston!!

Good to see Boston took the high road! Made Brees look like a big mouthed punk! :clap:

I was happy to see that he took the high road after those comments! I hate when guy b*tch through the press at each other! :tantrum:
It's like come on either shut and play or be a man and walk up and punch him in the face! :club: :drool:

WharfRat said:
Isn't that always the way!! Bravo Boston!!

Good to see Boston took the high road! Made Brees look like a big mouthed punk! :clap:
I agree. It was classy of Boston to keep his mouth shut. However, it's not like Boston has been kown to be a saint either. He's been known to be a headcase and has had his share of being a big mouth punk.

Justasportsfan said:
I agree. It was classy of Boston to keep his mouth shut. However, it's not like Boston has been kown to be a saint either. He's been known to be a headcase and has had his share of being a big mouth punk.
HE'S LEARNING! HE'S LEARNING!! :D

LIQUID24 said:
HE'S LEARNING! HE'S LEARNING!! :D
Just like what realistic finfans said about that dude saying the fins could win the sb "it's may". We'll see how much Boston has learned by the mid season. :D

Justasportsfan said:
Just like what realistic finfans said about that dude saying the fins could win the sb "it's may". We'll see how much Boston has learned by the mid season. :D

I agree wait till July and see if Boston is our our ticket to the superbowl ;)

I think the tutelage of Jerry Sullivan is HUGE here. Don't underestimate the value of working with someone who knows and has experienced his potential.

Make no mistake: Boston realizes what's at stake here professionally.

SMadison29 said:
Nice to see that Boston didn't start a verbal war through the media, though it wouldn't have been very good considering the Bolts suck & have two busts at QB.

He did it for his own good. I bet if you ask him honestly he wil lash out on brees that he sucked.

juniorseau55 said:
He did it for his own good. I bet if you ask him honestly he wil lash out on brees that he sucked.

Well of course wouldn't most people that just had some talk crap about then!
It's the point that not doing it pubicly is the best move he could have made!
He wins nothing by calling him out through the media!

I think its funny that Brees of all people is talking about somebody, this coming from a guy who needs to stand on a step stool to see over the OL so he can throw the ball. Boston showed extreme class in refusing to retaliate, lets face it guys he knows this might be his last real shot. We got him for next to nothing and its not like it was a bidding war either it was us...... and .....us. IMO he is really starting to show signs of professional maturity.

Back
Top Bottom