"I think the Miami Dolphins blew this." - Chris Mortensen regarding Flynn | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"I think the Miami Dolphins blew this." - Chris Mortensen regarding Flynn

And, if he ends up being as good as Tarvaris Jackson, whom they WAY over paid for last year, can we all come to YOUR house and place of business and demand that YOU get canned.

BTW: Maybe a Freudian slip, but Canned is spelled with two n's. You spelled Caned, which is an ancient form of beating somebody with a bamboo cane.... Either way, what is good for he goose, is just as good for the gander.....and I'm not even going to begin to explain that one to you.
\

Gave him basically the same money as we gave garrard just in a two year contract. Also have a good easter.

If you search the Internet enough, you'll find someone supporting your point of view.

Im not crying over spilt milk. What's done is done.

Im fine with not giving Flynn $10 mil per.

To me he isn't worth it, and hasn't earned it. Too few games IMO.

hi football fans

all i have to say about this is if our wounderfull GM Mr Jeff Icanthelpmyself Irland if he
low balled Matt Flynn,
and lost him and he turns out to be the best QB sence Tom Brady, we need to all go to Mr Ross House and demand that jeff irland be Caned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well time will tell . If Flynn becomes a good qb than we will look bad es[ if our qb play struggles.

\

Gave him basically the same money as we gave garrard just in a two year contract. Also have a good easter.

Thanks for the wishes. A very sincere wishing back to you Lockz.....

Games started
Garrard 76
Flynn 1

TD's:
Garrard 89
Flynn 6

Attempts:
Garrard 2281
Flynn 33

Yards:
Garrard 16003
Flynn 518

Look, once again.

Everybody KNOWS that Philbin knows Flynn and his abilities as good as ANYBODY, yet there are still painted haters here that think this was another blown call by Ireland. That in itself is beyond ignorance. That is nothing but jaded and blinded ignorance.
But, nothing new for "Mort" to be honest. The guy has been impossible to listen to or read for a decade now. This is just continuation of crap he has been spewing for a long time....and it gives those jaded individuals powder behind their kegs.
Lets wait and see how it plays out, however, as I have mentioned, the media can say whatever they want without any repercussion. IF Flynn goes out to light it up, he's genius. If he flops, he gets another chance another time to be genius without any repercussion for this rag he wrote. I want a job where there is high reward and zero risk......

Supposedly Burnett and Dansby could cover Te's which they cant. Edds was a horrible overdrafted pick but I do agree they cut him way too soon but we have a history of doing that. I guess we can blame Parcells for the Edds pick because we know Ireland was farmville for his first three years.

:lol:

Thanks for the wishes. A very sincere wishing back to you Lockz.....

Games started
Garrard 76
Flynn 1

TD's:
Garrard 89
Flynn 6

Attempts:
Garrard 2281
Flynn 33

Yards:
Garrard 16003
Flynn 518

Look, once again.

Everybody KNOWS that Philbin knows Flynn and his abilities as good as ANYBODY, yet there are still painted haters here that think this was another blown call by Ireland. That in itself is beyond ignorance. That is nothing but jaded and blinded ignorance.
But, nothing new for "Mort" to be honest. The guy has been impossible to listen to or read for a decade now. This is just continuation of crap he has been spewing for a long time....and it gives those jaded individuals powder behind their kegs.
Lets wait and see how it plays out, however, as I have mentioned, the media can say whatever they want without any repercussion. IF Flynn goes out to light it up, he's genius. If he flops, he gets another chance another time to be genius without any repercussion for this rag he wrote. I want a job where there is high reward and zero risk......

I personally think if the jets had signed Garrard this board would be ripe with saying what idiots they were and how washed up Garrard is.

We really dont know the truth what philbin thought of Flynn esp with our salary cap the way it is . Im thinking Philbin did not want to have his coaching position depend on his first move as a coach.
Even while being the Oc in Green bay there still probably is not enough evidence to show what Flynn can be. I think Sherman has alot more evidence of Tannehill than Philbin has of Flynn since he has actually played in a season's worth of games.

I personally think if the jets had signed Garrard this board would be ripe with saying what idiots they were and how washed up Garrard is.

We really dont know the truth what philbin thought of Flynn esp with our salary cap the way it is . Im thinking Philbin did not want to have his coaching position depend on his first move as a coach.
Even while being the Oc in Green bay there still probably is not enough evidence to show what Flynn can be. I think Sherman has alot more evidence of Tannehill than Philbin has of Flynn since he has actually played in a season's worth of games.

Sorry, can't agree with this either.

Sherman has seen Tannehill productive as a WR, but not a QB.

They can go and study game tape of Tannehill last year, but to be apples and apples, Flynn has 2 years worth of tape at LSU they can just as easily get their hands on.

As much as it seems to KILL everybody, I just don't think that impossible gem of a Franchise QB is, or has been there for us this year...and please please please don't go back to the ridiculous notion of throwing an entire season for it.

Here's food for thought, The Donko's are being highly praised even though nobody has any idea if Manning can even play again..... How bad is it going to be for THEM if he doesn't or plays one game, takes one hit and is done.

The media certainly helps to paint whatever picture they want.
It's our decision to pay attention or not.

The Edds cut was puzzling. Signing Burnett made him more expendable, but AJ looked pretty good during preseason and TC last year.

At the same time Marvin Mitchell had a decent year as the 3rd ILB

They can go and study game tape of Tannehill last year, but to be apples and apples, Flynn has 2 years worth of tape at LSU they can just as easily get their hands on.

As much as it seems to KILL everybody, I just don't think that impossible gem of a Franchise QB is, or has been there for us this year...and please please please don't go back to the ridiculous notion of throwing an entire season for it.

Here's food for thought, The Donko's are being highly praised even though nobody has any idea if Manning can even play again..... How bad is it going to be for THEM if he doesn't or plays one game, takes one hit and is done.

The media certainly helps to paint whatever picture they want.
It's our decision to pay attention or not.

Everyone saw the tape of Flynn at LSU and that was why he was a late round draftpick, I dont get how you say that Tannehill was not a productive qb and he does have two years worth of tape and actually watching him in games. As for manning we wanted him he didnt want us , Im ok with not getting manning because Im concerned with long term success and manning for all his talent doesnt guaranantee a superbowl. I dont think you give Tannehill enough credit for being a good enough athlete to start at wr while he sat behind two solid college qb's. Peyton Manning only started as a freshman because of injuries to the two guys in fron of him.

Everyone saw the tape of Flynn at LSU and that was why he was a late round draftpick, I dont get how you say that Tannehill was not a productive qb and he does have two years worth of tape and actually watching him in games. As for manning we wanted him he didnt want us , Im ok with not getting manning because Im concerned with long term success and manning for all his talent doesnt guaranantee a superbowl. I dont think you give Tannehill enough credit for being a good enough athlete to start at wr while he sat behind two solid college qb's. Peyton Manning only started as a freshman because of injuries to the two guys in fron of him.

I give Tannehill credit as an athlete and a WR. no denying either....BUT, being here in Dallas, I was subjected to almost every single A&M game, and what I saw of Tannehill is just SCREAMING mediocre QB with a strong yet inaccurate arm, not able to look at a second receiver and not a true leader when he needed to be.
My problems with Tannehill come from lots of shortcomings I watched all season long. He just isn't a very good QB. Might he end up being? Perhaps, and obviously that is where Sherman comes in, he should possibly know since he has seen him compete, but at this juncture, he has forever to go....and some very fundamental things very wrong with his game.

IF we do go after Tannehill, he will get nothing but my support. I do believe stongly in both Philbin and Sherman to assess the situation...which is why, (As we go full circle) I am not losing an iota of sleep about Flynn.

And if all these "NFl Analysts" were so sure that Matt Flynn will be a franchise QB, How come only 2 NFL Teams were vying for his services? Why wasn't Cleveland? Why wasn't KC? KC thought more of Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn then they did of Matt Flynn. It would appear Cleveland likes Colt McCoy better. Why is it only the Dolphins screwed up?

You are absolutely right and if Philbin thought he was the one Ireland would have signed him, these guys are called stupid but they know this team needs a QB.

as usual you guys are missing the boat yet again...that $8.7 mil per means nothing if he doesn't pan out...absolutely nothing...the only risk they took was $10 mil...but in the event he does pan out that money per year ie $8.7 mil is damn peanuts by franchise qb money terms...

its not even about is he a franchise qb...its about he's played in this damn system we hope to run and played well doing it he wouldn't kill anyones cap with the contract he signed he would allow you given there was no other top 10 worthy qb prospect in this draft to use that top pick on a premium talent player at another position...the kind of talent that we always talk about on here but frankly don't have much of...the difference makers...

i'm not on here sayin flynns a franchise qb...i don't know that to be the case...but there was low risk and high reward potential there and we would be getting some answers at the position in 2012...there's no damn way we are better off right now with how things have turned out

Tannehill was recruited as a QB at Texas AM, but converted to WR because he wasn't good enough to even be the backup QB there. I think that says a lot about what Sherman thought of him as a QB.

Tannehill was recruited as a QB at Texas AM, but converted to WR because he wasn't good enough to even be the backup QB there. I think that says a lot about what Sherman thought of him as a QB.

He moved to receiver because he was a good enough athlete to play another position. whats more valuable third string qb or starting wr. Alot of misinformation in your post. He had two very solid college qb's ahead of him that have been in nfl training camps and actually made rosters. Peyton manning also was not the backup qb to start his freshman year , he was third string.

Back
Top Bottom