I think Viking fans give us just a little respect | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think Viking fans give us just a little respect

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Run defense is the bedrock upon which this Super Bowl contender was built. In 2006, 2007 and 2008, the Vikings led the league in run defense. In 2009, it ranked second. But 2010 began with essentially the same defense being unable to stop the Saints from literally running out the clock in the fourth quarter.
"That hasn't happened around here in a long time," defensive tackle Kevin Williams said. "Even though we held them to 14 points, not stopping the run at the end is by far the most disappointing part."
The Saints held the ball for 11:05 of the 15 minutes in the fourth quarter. In 17 snaps, not including three kneel-downs, they ran the ball 10 times for 41 yards. In the final 5:32, they ran five times for 22 yards, not counting the kneel-downs.
He better be right because the Miami Dolphins visit the Metrodome on Sunday. Even after the Dolphins traded for Pro Bowl receiver Brandon Marshall, no team in the league is more committed to a physical running game. With former first-round picks Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams, they have 460 pounds of tag-team muscle that won't fear the vaunted Williams Wall.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/103180149.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUU

Well that last line is true the R&R express is afraid on no one. On that note i would like the coaching staff to put more faith in Ronnie LATE in the game. He can hit a homerun and is just as big as a linebacker so we can be physical late in games. Ricky just makes one cut and plows, while i like that kinda style i think Ronnie needs to the the closer. Ricky would be a great starter because of his punishing running style and Ronnie can come in and take advantage of the scraps Ricky leaves behind.

The Vikes know what they are going up against. We are a much improved team with one of the best running attacks in the league.

Back
Top Bottom