I understand that some of you think your team.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I understand that some of you think your team....

PassRush said:
Good points by all. The main reason I believe the Patriots run is over history. All the great dynastys throughout football history have remained dynastys as long as things have stayed the same. The Patriots have had too many changes this offseason to keep that same chemistry they have had the last four years. Not to say that those losses have not been acounted for but they are changes nonetheless and their will be too many new players who need too much coaching without the two coaches who masterminded the system. I am not saying they wont be good, I am just saying another superbowl is nearly impossible.

Damn PassRush, it's guys like you that keep me coming back here. Good points. Thanks for actually talking football instead of giving the more common, "They suck! They lost so and so, so that means they suck!"

byroan said:
Let's think before we post. I guess Vonnie Holliday sucks now. You can't generalize one player with the whole defense.

Same props to you Byroan. I forgot Holliday was a Fin. Great point. I made that point earlier, but when an intelligent Fin fan posts it as well, maybe he'll learn.

As a Bills fan it is hard for me to talk smack with patriot fans at this time......

They have been the dominant team for the last 2 years.....and they have to be considered a dynasty......

BUT

like all dynasties they do tend to lose effectiveness and get old just when they think they cannot be beaten....it is a great testiment to coaches and mgt how they get players to forgo pesonal things (aka MONEY) to be part of something special....BUT the day will come when it will end.....

My bet is that is this year.....you guys have been pretty lucky as far as injuries to your main guys.....nobody stays lucky forever

I guess its the patriots so the commentators kinda let the mankins pick slide...If the bengals had taken him there would have been hysterical laughter.. Im not saying he isnt going to be a good player but when you have inside information and like a guys value more than the rest of the nfl IMHO you need to play that and maybe fill a few more needs... This is just a fans guess but Mankins probably would have made it to day two of the draft why not take him in round 3 and get GREAT value for that pick and snag a few other highly rated players?? or trade down even ??

The Myth said:
It is good many of you think your team could make the playoffs and unseat the Three time SB champion Patriots.
It is good to have faith in your team. All of the Teams in the AFC East have made some moves. It is mainly why some think things like the Patriots run to be over. But just stop and take a real look at what the Patriots have this season.
OC and DC The Offense under Weis was set up and run by as many as 4 coaches. This has not changed People who know the players and who the players know are still running the O.
But what has changed is....
O-Line additions Logan Mankins, Nick Kazur and Brian Anderson add size, power, speed, and youth to an already good line.
The one loss from the line is Andruzzi Who was not the strongest link for that line.
Mankins and Kazur are faster,stronger, and more moble than Andruzzi ever was.
The return of Tom Ashworth will greatly improve the Rt spot.

WRs--- David Terrel, and Tim Dwight easily make up for Patten. Even if both of them where bust there is Bethel Johnson, PK Sam, Michael McGrew, and Cedric James ready to step in. That is behind David Givens, Deion Branch, and Troy Brown.

TEs---We all know how good Dan Graham has become. He is a very good Receiver and an outstanding blocker. Add to that Ben Watson a 6'4" 255 TE with great hands, good blocking skills and 4.3/40 speed. Christian Fauria continues to be a solid player.

RBs--- Corey Dillon 1600+ yards behind a weaked beaten up O-Line. Kevin Faulk is still a real solid threat to rip a big run from the outside or after catching a quick screen. Cedric Cobbs finaly healthy after fighting a hamstring injury that was misstreated at Arkansas. His power speed and style is much the same as Dillons.

DC--- Eric Mangini is the new DC and has been with Belichick for 10 years and the Patriots for as long as Belichick and Crennel have been. There is no drop off at all with this move.

D-Line--- Talk about depth Traylor was let go because he was not good enough to hang with these guys. Vince Wilfork became a beast quickly enough to claim the starting DT job as a rookie. The Starting DEs Seymoure and Warren have both been DTs for this team. As has the #1 backup DE Jarvis Green. Ethan Kelly a very powerfull DT who came from a very bad program (Baylor) needed time to develop the pro skills. BB feels he has done that now and is ready to be Wilforks main backup. Then there are DEs Marquise Hill, and Rodney Bailey solid DEs who will prove great help as backups.

LBs--- Yes the possible loss of Teddy Bruschi made many fans worry. But you have got to hand it to Belichick and Pioli they went out and made the LB spot stronger. Adding Ryan Claridge a very good Inside/outside LB in the Draft.
Monty Beisel ILB, and Chad Brown ILB/OLB, in FA plus the real nice development of Tully Banta-Cain OLB, Eric Alexander ILB, and ongoing work of Dan Klecko ILB. This along with the vets Ted Johnson, Willie McGinest, Mike Vrabel, and Rosevelt Colvin the LBs have never been deeper or more talented.

DBs--- Law played only 6 full games last season. So he is hardly a loss.
The additions of Safetys James Sanders, Antuan Edwards, and Raymond Ventrone, along with the return of Guss Scott and the (IMO) move to safety of Chad Scott lets the Patriots move Eugene Wilson back to CB where he really should be.
With the Additions of CBs Ellis Hobbs, and Duane Starks. The oportunity for Hank Poteat to go to TC and learn the system,( Hey for a guy who was pulled out of a college classroom to play right away, He did an outstanding job.) The depth is great.
Patriots have Eugene Wilson, Asante Samuel, Rodney Harrison, Don Davis, and Randall Gay all with starting experiance. I expect Ty Poole and Dexter Reid to be cut. No one has done enough to end the run as of yet. Good luck keep trying.
glad you had the time for all that

zeke0123 said:
I guess its the patriots so the commentators kinda let the mankins pick slide...If the bengals had taken him there would have been hysterical laughter.. Im not saying he isnt going to be a good player but when you have inside information and like a guys value more than the rest of the nfl IMHO you need to play that and maybe fill a few more needs... This is just a fans guess but Mankins probably would have made it to day two of the draft why not take him in round 3 and get GREAT value for that pick and snag a few other highly rated players?? or trade down even ??
It was reported a number of times that SF, NYG, Panthers, Jaquars, and Titans had all expressed intrest in Mankins so he would not have been around by the time the Patriots picked again. Many of the scouts have said they had Mankins and Kazur rated in the top 10 over all O-Linemen. Huddle report had Mankins listed as the 57 player over all in the Draft.This is what they said about him.

clear.gif

by Drew BoylhartSR Staff WriterJanuary 2005Logan Mankins OG Fresno StStrengths

Logan plays LT for his college team and does an excellent job. He is very strong in his upper and lower body. He has quick feet and excellent lateral movement. He has long arms for his size and is stout against the bull rush. He will not be a developmental O-lineman for the team that drafts him. Logan will be on the field as a starter, quicker than it takes to add water and make instant oatmeal for breakfast. Needs to Improve

It would be nice if he was taller, but because of his talent and athleticism, I’m nit picking. Bottom LineI would guess that Logan’s true position in the NFL will be left guard, but believe me when I say even at about 6’3â€Â, he could play LT very easily and do it well enough to make a Pro Bowl or two. He is a leader and you can use him in any offensive system you want to. He is very smart and always takes the right angle when he pulls or traps. He has excellent lateral movement and moves to the next level to block LB’s and SS very easily. Logan cannot be bull rushed because he is too strong and uses excellent leverage and techniques. I have no doubt that he can start and play any of the O-line positions with ease. If you need an O-lineman in this draft, you are very foolish if you do not pick this kid up. His height and the fact that he played LT will foolishly drop him in this draft to some lucky team in the 2nd round, but he has the talent to be considered a top 15 pick in this draft. I call him Logan (Instant) Mankins because the instant you draft him he will start somewhere on your O-line.

And this was what they said about Nick Kazur who was listed as the 104th player listed.

clear.gif

by Drew BoylhartSR Staff WriterDecember 2004Nick Kaczur OT ToledoStrengthsHoly Toledo! I don’t know if I have ever seen an O-lineman more ready to play in the NFL than Nick. This kid dropped out of his mother and started to pass block for her. He has size, technique, attitude and instincts. He has athletic abilities that compare with any other O-lineman in this draft. He can pass block and run block and I think could play any position on the line. The one thing he can’t do is leap a tall building in a single bound – he’s going to have to work on that. Needs to ImproveNick does need to get stronger. (All the players coming out need to get stronger, this is just me trying to fill up space.) Bottom LineThis kid was born to play football. He has 1st round talent and I would take him in the top twenty of this draft. Any excuses that are given for him being rated lower is just some smart scout trying to stash a Pro Bowl player in the later rounds for themselves. I predict that there will be a lot of rumors about this kid by the time we get to the draft. Rumors like “he has an eye infection that is contagiousâ€Â, or “shoulder problems†or “ankle problems†or maybe even the old “level of play†excuse to drop this kid into the 2nd or 3rd rounds. Don’t believe it! He plays LT right now, but he can play any place on the line and can be a Pro Bowl player at any one of these positions. I do feel that LG might be his very best position at the next level, but the thought of this kid playing center is something I just cannot get out of my mind. I don’t know why he is not rated higher, but any excuse that scouts give you are just that, excuses. Remember this kid has 1st round talent and that is a fact no matter what round he is drafted in. Follow me and I will lead you to the light.

clear.gif

Here's the thing. Most fans don't know OL in terms of prospects outside of maybe 1 or 2 guys like, Robert Gallery, etc..

So, when a team chooses someone like Mankins, who could have been gone, they misinterpert that as a wrong pick at the wrong time. I'm not saying he is a Pro Bowler and is the greatest, blah, blah, blah, but just how I trust Scott Pioli and Bill Belichick more than a 16 year old kid (no one here in particular!) on the internet. Call me crazy.

The Pats have nothing to prove. The Jets need to prove they are an elite team. the Bills need to prove Losman is the Future. The Fins need to prove it was Wanny's fault. That said, look for another AFC East slugfest....

The Myth said:
It was reported a number of times that SF, NYG, Panthers, Jaquars, and Titans had all expressed intrest in Mankins so he would not have been around by the time the Patriots picked again. Many of the scouts have said they had Mankins and Kazur rated in the top 10 over all O-Linemen. Huddle report had Mankins listed as the 57 player over all in the Draft.This is what they said about him.

clear.gif

by Drew BoylhartSR Staff WriterJanuary 2005Logan Mankins OG Fresno StStrengths

Logan plays LT for his college team and does an excellent job. He is very strong in his upper and lower body. He has quick feet and excellent lateral movement. He has long arms for his size and is stout against the bull rush. He will not be a developmental O-lineman for the team that drafts him. Logan will be on the field as a starter, quicker than it takes to add water and make instant oatmeal for breakfast. Needs to Improve

It would be nice if he was taller, but because of his talent and athleticism, I’m nit picking. Bottom LineI would guess that Logan’s true position in the NFL will be left guard, but believe me when I say even at about 6’3â€Â, he could play LT very easily and do it well enough to make a Pro Bowl or two. He is a leader and you can use him in any offensive system you want to. He is very smart and always takes the right angle when he pulls or traps. He has excellent lateral movement and moves to the next level to block LB’s and SS very easily. Logan cannot be bull rushed because he is too strong and uses excellent leverage and techniques. I have no doubt that he can start and play any of the O-line positions with ease. If you need an O-lineman in this draft, you are very foolish if you do not pick this kid up. His height and the fact that he played LT will foolishly drop him in this draft to some lucky team in the 2nd round, but he has the talent to be considered a top 15 pick in this draft. I call him Logan (Instant) Mankins because the instant you draft him he will start somewhere on your O-line.

And this was what they said about Nick Kazur who was listed as the 104th player listed.

clear.gif

by Drew BoylhartSR Staff WriterDecember 2004Nick Kaczur OT ToledoStrengthsHoly Toledo! I don’t know if I have ever seen an O-lineman more ready to play in the NFL than Nick. This kid dropped out of his mother and started to pass block for her. He has size, technique, attitude and instincts. He has athletic abilities that compare with any other O-lineman in this draft. He can pass block and run block and I think could play any position on the line. The one thing he can’t do is leap a tall building in a single bound – he’s going to have to work on that. Needs to ImproveNick does need to get stronger. (All the players coming out need to get stronger, this is just me trying to fill up space.) Bottom LineThis kid was born to play football. He has 1st round talent and I would take him in the top twenty of this draft. Any excuses that are given for him being rated lower is just some smart scout trying to stash a Pro Bowl player in the later rounds for themselves. I predict that there will be a lot of rumors about this kid by the time we get to the draft. Rumors like “he has an eye infection that is contagiousâ€Â, or “shoulder problems†or “ankle problems†or maybe even the old “level of play†excuse to drop this kid into the 2nd or 3rd rounds. Don’t believe it! He plays LT right now, but he can play any place on the line and can be a Pro Bowl player at any one of these positions. I do feel that LG might be his very best position at the next level, but the thought of this kid playing center is something I just cannot get out of my mind. I don’t know why he is not rated higher, but any excuse that scouts give you are just that, excuses. Remember this kid has 1st round talent and that is a fact no matter what round he is drafted in. Follow me and I will lead you to the light.

clear.gif

well I guess you can consider me edumacated :)

Dirtywater said:

I would hardly call myself a post whote seeing as I dont even have 200 after a year of registration. Just thought you wanted to be called crazy. ;)

Back
Top Bottom