I will catch hell for this, but.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I will catch hell for this, but....

Super_Duper85

Deep Threat
Reaction score
I just read LeBatard's article (which is excellently written by the way) and I admire RW. It sucks as a fan because he is such a huge part of the team. However, it took guts to do what he did and walk away from the game. Alot of things he said were true in that article. You have to do what you have to do, even if everyone in the world thinks you are "crazy." Good luck Ricky; I hope you figure out what you want to do with your life. Football isn't everything.

Super_Duper85 said:
I just read LeBatard's article (which is excellently written by the way) and I admire RW. It sucks as a fan because he is such a huge part of the team. However, it took guts to do what he did and walk away from the game. Alot of things he said were true in that article. You have to do what you have to do, even if everyone in the world thinks you are "crazy." Good luck Ricky; I hope you figure out what you want to do with your life. Football isn't everything.
Wow. Yeah, it took a lot of guts to disrespect not only your fans, but the teamates and the Miami Dolphins staff and walk away a week before training camp. How many times do I have to explain this to people who think Ricky Williams is this awesome guy?

You just don't do that to people, it's total lack of respect for everyone. Our whole offense is centered around this guy, plain and simple. He put us in a rut this year, and theres no arguing that.

Super_Duper85 said:

Quit something you don't want to do? That's fine. But do it at the last minute, leaving other hard working pros dependent on you in the lurch? That's not. This is all about the timing. Why just before camp? A complete disregard for others, the timing is what makes this a selfish act.

My theory is he waited just before camp so his buddy, Minor would have the job.

When I have kids, I want them to grow up and walk out on their jobs to smoke weed in a tin shack in Jamaica.

Once again, as fans we tend to be selfish. People leave situations on the fly all the time. Ricky is right about society. You are made to feel guilty if you decide to do something that you want to do. It sounds to me like he should have neve played football.

Super_Duper85 said:
Once again, as fans we tend to be selfish. People leave situations on the fly all the time. How many of the big executives go to different companies if they are offered more money. Ricky is right about society. You are made to feel guilty if you decide to do something that you want to do. it sounds to me like he should have neve played football.
He SHOULD FEEL GUILTY. Stop this stupid charade of respecting what he did, because he showed you and the rest of us ZERO respect. If he had honor and wasn't a goddamn hippie he would have finished atleast this season since training camp is so close.

DolfanDaveInATX said:
When I have kids, I want them to grow up and walk out on their jobs to smoke weed in a tin shack in Jamaica.

That's the funny thing, Ricky will never live in a shack in Jamaica ... he'll continue to live in dope houses and hang out with his celebrity friends. He has no idea what reality is ... if any of those people in Jamaica were given the opportunity he has they would sieze it and relish in it.

He is trying to attach some sort of transcendental nobility to his cowardess.

He turned his back on his teammates who helped him out so much two years ago ... I guess weed does affect your short term memory.

I will concede that the timing is bad and that maybe he should have met the franchise half way and played out the season, but he is not wrong for doing what he did. What if he didn't play football. Let's say he was working for a company and decided to quit. What's the big deal. People do it all that time. People need to quit being so fickle and play some John Madden or something.

Super_Duper85 said:

Dude, please... shut up. Honestly, keep it to yourself, if you feel that way. I don't see how you could feel that way, if you are a true dolfan. He walked out on all of us without notice. You can twist it anyway you want. He was under contract. He had responsabilitys to his teamates, and the fans. Grown men live up to their responsabilitys. Sissys, like Ricky Williams, Run away from them.

Yeah... Run Ricky Run... Run to asia, you little fairy. Stay far, far, away from Miami. And don't come back, chump. Ricky Williams makes me sick. I'm a fan of the Miami Dolphins, not Ricky Williams. Good riddence. :shakeno:

Let's say he was working for a company and decided to quit. What's the big deal. People do it all that time. People need to quit being so fickle and play some John Madden or something.

Here's the problem with your thinking. A company doesn't typically comprise 50,000 people each paying thousands of dollars out of their own pocket to see a superstar perform for their company.

If you bought season tickets, you should get your money back because there is only way way to slice it: straight down the middle...Ricky screwed you and has absolutely no respect for the people who put him in this financial position in the first place.

phinman1 said:
My theory is he waited just before camp so his buddy, Minor would have the job.

Very good point. That would be the only logical reason why he would wait so late. Then again, there's nothing logical at all about being a headcase. All in all, With his head not stable, I believe he would have probably have done more harm than good...especially during the ruff part of the season. We haven't made the playoffs the 2 years this luny has been with us. Sure there has been GREAT running during those seasons, but again, no playoffs. Ricky or Playoffs? Hmmmm. "Conservative predictable offensive football," take a seat right next to Ricky on the plane heading towards Cookoo land. Don't hate me for saying this, but i truly beleive we can do this without him.

Dolphinizzle said:
Dude, please... shut up. Honestly, keep it to yourself, if you feel that way. I don't see how you could feel that way, if you are a true dolfan. He walked out on all of us without notice. You can twist it anyway you want. He was under contract. He had responsabilitys to his teamates, and the fans. Grown men live up to their responsabilitys. Sissys, like Ricky Williams, Run away from them.

Yeah... Run Ricky Run... Run to asia, you little fairy. Stay far, far, away from Miami. And don't come back, chump. Ricky Williams makes me sick. I'm a fan of the Miami Dolphins, not Ricky Williams. Good riddence. :shakeno:

Man you got issues if thats how you feel.
:shakeno:

See you are missing the point ENTIRELY. THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE THAN FOOTBALL!!!!!! Also, if you are Dolphins fan, you are a fan of the TEAM. You should know this is a business and root for the TEAM. One player doesn't make up a team. If that were the case there would be no Miami fans left after Marino retired. (NOTE: I am in no way comparing Marino's retirement to RW's).

Also, I will not keep my opinions inside. That is what is wrong with this country; you give your opinion or do something that the majority is against and you are "crazy" or in this case "not a true fan." I root for the TEAM and we will make the playoffs this year regardless because we have good PLAYERS!

Even when I was in Highshcool and had a minimum wage job, I still had the respect to my employer to give at least a 2wk notice. What he did, for whatever reason he did it for, was truly unprofessional and I feel sorry for the kids who look up to people like him a role model... a selfcentered one at that!

Back
Top Bottom