I will say this: The Patriots make teams look worse than they really are | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I will say this: The Patriots make teams look worse than they really are

Fin_Of_Steal

It's Tua Time
Club Member
Reaction score
I'm not making excuses. The Dolphins played terribly in the second half and it showed, but the Patriots are really good at rubbing it in. Now, I'm not talking about running up the score. I don't believe in that. What I do believe is that I've seen nearly every Pats game these past 15 years, and one defining characteristic of the post champion Patriots is that they can find a teams weakness and go for the jugular.
It's interesting how they do it, and it's not something we are used to. Miami will play a team that isn't playing well, and instead of burying them they'll hang around and let it be a one score game in the fourth quarter. That's not New England's game. I know this sounds like the Pats have the ability to just beat up on us, but it's what they do when a team isn't playing well. It's hard to explain. Just look at a couple recent examples:

2008-Defeat the Arizona Cardinals 41-7. The Cardinals look lost. They end up making a run after this game to a near Super Bowl championship

2009-Defeat the Tennessee Titans 59-0. The Titans fall to 0-6. They win 7 of their next 8.

2010-Defeat the Cincinnati Bengals 38-24 but let's face it. It was 31-3 early on in the second half. The Bengals won their next two games, including a win over the Ravens.

The point is, the Patriots can make it feel like the sky is falling, but many times it is not.

Let's regroup this week, and come out stronger than ever after the bye.

Go Phins

Those are all very good points, but we got killed in special teams. I'm not saying we would have won the game if those didn't happen, but they did. Let's just try to regroup and improve from this.

Those are all very good points, but we got killed in special teams. I'm not saying we would have won the game if those didn't happen, but they did. Let's just try to regroup and improve from this.

It's cause Bellichick knew that our special teams is that very weakness that he wanted to exploit.

Back
Top Bottom