"I wouldn't trade Cam Wake for anybody in our league" - Kevin Coyle | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"I wouldn't trade Cam Wake for anybody in our league" - Kevin Coyle

foozool13

#12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
It's nice to see Coyle publically expressing his appreciation for the player Wake is. If anyone is deserving of some attention and praise it's Wake.

"I wouldn't trade Cam Wake for anybody in our league," Coyle recently told the Dolphins' official website. "He's a joy to coach. He works at it mentally, he's strong against the run, dynamic pass rusher, intelligent football player, can cover guys when we do put him into coverage. He's a guy that can run with backs, tight ends, shoot, he can run with some receivers out there. He's a dynamic player, and we're so fortunate to have him."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...on-wake-as-good-as-any-pass-rusher-coyle-says

I had my doubts about him last year making the transition to the 4-3 at DE. I knew he'd be able to rush the passer, the guy averaged over 20 sacks in Canada as a 4-3 DE, but I didn't think he'd hold up to the run. He proved to be a pretty darn good 3 down player.

The older Wake gets the better he seems to play. Now with a 2nd year Vernon and Jordan on the other side, I think 18-20 sacks is realistic.

if i was a 34 team i would trade wake for jj watt...the things that kid does as a 34 de no less are amazing...first ballot hall of famer barring injury...

nothing against wake who's terrific but watts the best young defensive football player in the game...20 sacks as a 34 de is mind boggling...

Watt is awesome. Probably my favorite non dolphin right now but I still don't think we've seen the best of Cam Wake yet. Such an amazing story how he got here. The sky is the limit for our front 7 moving forward.

Wake is an awesome player but like hoops said Watt is amazing, especially considering his age, first ballot hall of famer

Wake's tank seems to never run empty. At this moment I wouldn't be shocked if he was still getting double digit sacks at 36.

That is a ridicules statement. Anybody??
A qb named Luck came to my mind.

That is a ridicules statement. Anybody??
A qb named Luck came to my mind.

Yea because the defensive coordinator is really concerned with getting Andrew Luck to play at DE isnt he?

wakes got plenty left in the tank that's for sure...but if there was one thing i would like to see him add to his game is on his sacks as he's coming in chop down with his arm and try and force some fumbles and turnovers...for a guy with his sack #'s i think he should force more fumbles...when you got em dead to rights chop the qbs arms on the takedown

Wake is probably the most underrated defensive player in the NFL right now. Had he been a first round draft pick and came in and produced the way he has he'd be right up there with Watt and Miller in terms of National Respect! It's been said and shown many times around here the amount of disruption Cam Wake causes during the course of a game even if it doesn't always equate to actual SACKS. I can guarantee if you go back through our tape from the last few years and look at a lot of the sacks other players on our team have gotten, i'll put money on the fact that Cam Wake was heavily involved in helping by flushing the qb into other players ect ect.... I still cant believe how much of a joke his rating was on the NFL Networks countdown of top 100 players. Cam Wake is nowhere close to slowing down and we are gonna have a lot of fun watching him for the next several seasons now that we have a couple guys in Vernon and Jordan to help out plus add in the fact that our secondary should be much improved. I'm predicting BIG BIG things from Wake this year!!!! Heard it here first Defensive player of the year!!!!

So now that Revis is gone, who's the best defender in the division? Is it Cam.. or can an argument still be made for Wilfork or someone else?

i agree with coach Coyle. Cann't think of any defensive player I'd trade him for.

Yea because the defensive coordinator is really concerned with getting Andrew Luck to play at DE isnt he?

Wait a minute.... did you just use something like logic? lol Some people make no sense...

Back
Top Bottom