If fins go olb, which one do you want | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If fins go olb, which one do you want

Which outside linebacker would you take?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Crowder52 said:
I personally like Carpenter and Greenway, in that order.

I think it comes down to Carpenter and Greenway, and I suspect that you have the order right. It really depends on what Nick wants more, though. If he wants a coverage linebacker, it's Greenway. If he wants more of a blitzer, it's Carpenter. It seems Nick wants more of a blitzer, but he could decide that Greenway is so much better than Carpenter that it's better to take the increase in talent even though he doesn't do exactly what Nick is looking for.

What we do know that if it is a defensive player at 16,safety or linebacker I think whoever we draft will be able to come in and pay big dividends immediately.

I'd take Carpenter over Greenway. Greenway reminds me somewhat of Roth, kind of a tweener and not big/fast enough to break starting line up, and from Iowa.

Crowder and Carpenter on the outside both sons of former NFL players.

randy9 said:
I'd take Carpenter over Greenway. Greenway reminds me somewhat of Roth, kind of a tweener and not big/fast enough to break starting line up, and from Iowa.

i agree. Carpenter seems a lot smarter for the game ala ZT style where he knows teh game and how plays work and where it will go and Greenway does remind me of roth and will beocme a good OLB not a great one to keep for a decade

I like Carpenter, I'm not a draft expert so I don't know why he is ranked so low on the LB charts, but he would be the ideal pick. Sims is too small, Lawson would be out of position and would need more fine tuning, Greenway . . I just haven't been too high on him for some reason and Wimbley the same as Greenway. Man ideally if we can trade down and still get Carpenter, which is what people are saying, we need to try and do that, and pick up a 2nd rounder in the process **Ko Simpson**, that would be fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom