If Gase Does Well | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Gase Does Well

Jssanto

Club Member
Reaction score
If Gase does well with the Jets, I think we should try and evaluate why he did better there than here. Better roster? Better asst coaches? Better front office? It could help identify an ongoing issue that Ross is not seeing.

Gase will be a good HC somewhere. I think he made a lot of mistakes here that he won’t make there, the most obvious was hiring a competent DC. Not to mention the fact that he now has Darnold and doesn’t feel like he has to prove anything with Tannehill.

Ultimately I wish him nothing but failure since he is now the leader of my most hated team.

Gase will be a good HC somewhere. I think he made a lot of mistakes here that he won’t make there, the most obvious was hiring a competent DC. Not to mention the fact that he now has Darnold and doesn’t feel like he has to prove anything with Tannehill.

Ultimately I wish him nothing but failure since he is now the leader of my most hated team.

I agree and disagree with you. He did make a lot of mistakes in Miami, but I don't think he has the humility or integrity to honestly look at himself and analyze and learn from his mistakes. Most likely, he continues to blame his failure in Miami on the players he brought in.

Sam Darnold will have to become prime Peyton Manning for Gase to look good, and I’ll say there’s a fat chance of that happening

If Gase does well with the Jets, I think we should try and evaluate why he did better there than here. Better roster? Better asst coaches? Better front office? It could help identify an ongoing issue that Ross is not seeing.
If he doesn't fall victim to the smartest man in the room syndrome...he be ok. If not...his pressers with the NY sportswriters will be "must see TV".

I was surprised he was hired as a head coach so quickly. I thought he'd have to go the OC route and then land a HC job a few years down the road.

Gase made some big mistakes in Miami that he'll have to learn from. One of the biggest was failing to assemble a qualified staff, especially at defensive coordinator since he apparently wanted to be hands off on that side of the ball. Being one of the guys I think backfired on him as well. His teams were not disciplined. Over his three years Miami got worse on both sides of the ball, finishing 31st on offense this year. Had he at least got the offense going, I think Gase would still be here. One of his most frustrating traits was not utilizing his talent well. For the likes of me, I can't understand why Drake and Stills got so few plays. The year before it was Grant.

That's not to say he didn't do some things well. His overall record with the Dolphins of 23-25 wasn't bad considering the number of injuries he faced. I believe Gase was 12-7 with Ryan Tannehill starting. Anyway, I do think he's smart enough to learn from his mistakes. Time will tell.

Gase had to go. I didn't think Adam Gase was the worst coach in the world, but Gase had to go. The team progressively got worse under his leadership and it all completely imploded at the end. When ownership asked him to relinquish personnel control so that they could try to rebuild the roster -- as Gase's moves clearly weren't working -- he resisted and basically said "Please fire me."

What choice did they have?

No, the Dolphins make a lot of bad moves, but firing Gase at the end of this season was not one of them. If the Dolphins could have done anything better with Gase, it was trying to repair the situation, trying to help him more, trying to head things off at the pass before it got that bad.

And truth be told, Gase did deserve to be fired, and not just for the ugly situation and players quitting in the last three games. No, Gase coached himself out of town with his bad offense, poor staff choices, and fading results.

He lost the locker-room. How many more of our decent players would we have lost if we kept him? We publicly heard Kenyon Drake wanted out. How many others were there that had checked out?

You say that as if it wasn’t already going to be a weekly discussion on here

If Gase does well it’s only because the NFL bans film study and every NFL team loses the ability to stop the slip screen.

He wont. other than qb his roster and gm.are even worse.than here

Well he's not attached to Tannehill so that should open up the playbook for him. Also with a legitimate defensive coordinator like Williams, well this could be quite the nightmare scenario having him coach a division rival. And we may end up with Flores... Yay :/

Last edited:
I don’t see how Gase will learn from his mistakes simply because he was hired immediately. Had he gone somewhere as an OC for a few seasons and had time to think about his time in Miami then maybe.

That said, I wont be surprised if the Jets make a playoff push next year. They have a decent rostrr, ascending young QB and lots of cap space. Years 2 and 3 is where I’ll be interested in seeing if problems start developing between Gase and some of his players.

Back
Top Bottom