If I were the dolphins gm | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If I were the dolphins gm

malzacher

Scout Team
Reaction score
Going into FA and the draft, I understand that I need to provide Tannehill with weapons. I am in perfect position to make this happen with the type of players that will be available to me. Although my defense doesn't generate amazing pass rush, were still pretty stout against the run and we are able to utilize both Vernon and Odrick for another year. Here is how I attack it if everything works out perfectly. I sign Greg Jennings in FA, he gives me experience and playmaking ability, I'm concerned a little about his health but that won't detere me from addressing a huge need without giving up my picks. I understand that this draft doesn't have that playmaker I'm looking for that really jumps out at you from an offensive standpoint. There are a few guys I like but I think I can address some of these issues later in the draft so I'm looking for value. I trade from 12 to the early 20', I gain a second round pick giving me a total of 3 2's. I need to get Tannehill more help, this draft is not deep at this position and I havnt really hit on this position yet. I am determined to do so, so I draft my qb a security blanket it eifert or ertz. These guys are very similar, big body, athletic, pass catching te's that are also capable of blocking. I then have 3 2's to play with and I can go Wr, maybe tavon Austin or a quinton Patton. Then I attack defense with corner, lb.
so I walk away with;
Jennings
eifert
Austin/Patton..my qb now has weapons

I could have kept on going but it's getting late..my mind is just running with ideas..we can go in so many directions

I'm a believer in speed, and speed can open up so many things for your offense.

So acquiring Mike Wallace is IMO is a huge step in that direction. I'd let Jake walk unless he takes a fair contract. A guy like Will Savitek could come in and play either tackle position.

i also am really high on Keenan Allen as his RAC ability makes him an ideal WC WR IMO.

on defense Sean Smith won't be worth what he will demand, a good pass rush can mask an average CB so another pass rusher is ok by me aswell. Should be a "fin-omenal" offseason. Can't wait.

Back
Top Bottom