If Ireland Gets Fired | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Ireland Gets Fired

49ers had Montana and Steve Young. Texans have Schaub. The Eagles had Mcnabb in his prime. All far cries above Tannehill. Tannehill has absolutely zero business starting in the NFL!! He didn't show anything at A&M. He has shown nothing during preseason. His batted down balls plagued our O during the entire preseason and I see it still is. Tannehill singlehandidly cost us that game w/ 3 straight interceptions in 2 minutes. For that reason the West Coast O needs to go because we do not have the talent to execute it with success.

Yes let's cut the rookie and move on from this travesty.

49ers had Montana and Steve Young. Texans have Schaub. The Eagles had Mcnabb in his prime. All far cries above Tannehill. Tannehill has absolutely zero business starting in the NFL!! He didn't show anything at A&M. He has shown nothing during preseason. His batted down balls plagued our O during the entire preseason and I see it still is. Tannehill singlehandidly cost us that game w/ 3 straight interceptions in 2 minutes. For that reason the West Coast O needs to go because we do not have the talent to execute it with success.
You do realize that Steve Young was complete garbage with the Tampa Bay Bucs and was traded to San Fran...or maybe you're not that old. Regardless he was given time to learn under Montana.

More importantly all those QBs had receivers to throw to...in San Fran it was Rice, Taylor, Dwight Clark, Roger Craig...that team was loaded. Texans have Johnson, Daniels, Foster. McNabb had Owens, a number of TEs, Westbrook at running back.

What will that mean for our current regime? Will Philpin and Co be gone because the new GM wants his own cronies? or does Ross find a guy that is willing to work with all of the coaching staff?

Ross likes Philbin, Philbin would have a big say in the GM, probably someone from Green Bay.

Does everybody realize no matter what your arguement is it leads to a complete lack of talent on this roster? It's Jeff Ireland that is the problem here, plain and simple.

You guys are funny saying you do not fire a GM in the season yet last year when I and others called for his head after the season you all said we need an guy there at that time to prepare all the off season moves. So tell me when do you fire this idiot?

Tannehill got crushed from poor OL play. Ireland drafted all these first round OL instead of playmakers and we still have holes in the OL. Finally last year we pick a QB (too early for Tanny though) and the next 2 picks ar linemen. Ireland is a Parcells clone and that methodology is ancient!

Failed draft picks all over the place and the lack of ever taking a playmaker with the first or second round pick means youre out of a job!

You guys are funny saying you do not fire a GM in the season yet last year when I and others called for his head after the season you all said we need an guy there at that time to prepare all the off season moves. So tell me when do you fire this idiot?

Thats the thing. They don't want him fired. They think he's doing a good job. How do u argue with that type of irrationality?

Eliot Wolf OUR FUTURE GM

• Named director of pro personnel on May 23, 2012. First joined Packers in 2004 as a pro personnel assistant (2004-2008); named assistant director of pro personnel (2008-2010) and assistant director of player personnel (2011).
  • Currently the youngest director of pro personnel in the NFL.
  • The son of former Packers general manager Ron Wolf, Eliot’s scouting career unofficially began at age 10, when he joined his father in film sessions at Lambeau Field.
  • Has worked 20 consecutive Packers drafts (since 1993) and 20 consecutive NFL scouting combines.
  • Graduated from the University of Miami (Fla.) in December 2003 after just 3½ years in order to begin his NFL career before the 2004 NFL Draft.
  • Born in Oakland, Calif., is a 2000 high school graduate of Green Bay’s Notre Dame Academy.

Eliot Wolf enters his ninth season with the Packers and first as the director of pro personnel after being promoted on May 23, 2012. Prior to his current role, Wolf spent the 2011 season as the team’s assistant director of player personnel and the previous three seasons as assistant director of pro personnel (2008-2010).

Originally named as a pro personnel assistant on Feb. 26, 2004, by then-General Manager/Head Coach Mike Sherman, Wolf spent four seasons in that position.
Currently the youngest pro personnel director in the NFL, his primary duties include scouting teams in the NFL and in-season advance scouting of upcoming Packers opponents. Wolf also is involved with college scouting during the season and is very active in the Packers draft.
The son of former Packers general manager Ron Wolf, Eliot’s scouting career unofficially began at age 10, when he joined his father in film sessions at Lambeau Field.

He’s also worked 20 consecutive Packers drafts (since 1993), and nine NFL scouting internships — five with the Packers, three with the Atlanta Falcons and one with the Seattle Seahawks. Wolf has attended 20 consecutive NFL scouting combines.

:drool:

Ireland's gotta go because the thought of him doing another draft is terrifying. Next April could be the harvest of a generation, and to squander that would be the True Death (to use a little 'Trueblood' lingo) of the Miami Dolphins. FAs and the draft haul next off-season could be the equivalent of the construction of the 1990s Cowboys for this team.

I dont know who we can hire as GM, but I hope they dont give GM duties to coach Philbin....Just seems to me like he may not be a good talent evaluator.

What will that mean for our current regime? Will Philpin and Co be gone because the new GM wants his own cronies? or does Ross find a guy that is willing to work with all of the coaching staff?
Joe Philbin is too classy to use wrong words on Jeff Ireland, but Ireland isn't compatible with his manners.

While Philbin talks in a classy way, Ireland lacks of touch and is rude in several ways.
Joe tries to be coherent and is open, while Jeff has questionable word.

Once JI gets fired it will mean increased power for Joe Philbin.

And this very question is why Ireland should've been dumped with Sparano (among many other reasons).

Back
Top Bottom