If Madison struggles this year....would Wanny make him the nickleback? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Madison struggles this year....would Wanny make him the nickleback?

Gladsadmad

Active Roster
Reaction score
I know it's very early to think about these kinds of things, but I really wonder if Wannstedt has the guts to make this potentially unpopular move.

If Howard plays well..like he did for the Panthers..I wonder if he could unseat Madison in the starting lineup. That would definitely humble Madison...and maybe make him work harder. At least it could be an option that wasn't available last season when Madison played poorly.

I highly doubt it. Let's be real here...Sam Madison always has been and still is an extremely talented CB. Most importantly, a #1-2 CB. SO on that note, I think he will be pushed more this year due to the depth and talent at CB.
And if you want to get real technical, if ya look at the % of passes thrown at Dolphin CB's, there is a huge increase thrown towards Patrick Surtain and Brock Marion. Sam was actually ranked 3rd in passes thrown at.
And yes this is official, this analysis was done through Greg Myers, a sports analyst at ESPN HQ's.

Howard is no where near the corner that Madison is even on his bad outings. There is a reason Carolina made no effort to keep him, hes an average starter at best. That being said, as long as they dont try to match him against the Bethel Johnsons of the world, he should be a good #3 corner. Madison is going to be the starter for at least a couple more years.

Originally posted by Ferretsquig
Howard is no where near the corner that Madison is even on his bad outings. There is a reason Carolina made no effort to keep him, hes an average starter at best. That being said, as long as they dont try to match him against the Bethel Johnsons of the world, he should be a good #3 corner. Madison is going to be the starter for at least a couple more years.

The reason the Panthers didn't resign him is that they aren't spending any real money. You should hear their fans.

no way they bother bring Sam back to have him compete for a starting job no matter how he plays. If he is healthy, he will start

Madison is on the decline but he is still a better cornerback than Reggie Howard. Howard simply isn't good enough to unseat Madison.

Back
Top Bottom