If only we had a 2nd round pick!!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If only we had a 2nd round pick!!!!!

Dolfan11

Perennial All Pro
Reaction score
Chances of getting a 2nd RNDR to grab....

Chad Jackson, Jimmy Williams, Sinorice Moss, Winston Justice, Marcus McNeill, Nick Mangold, Darnell Bing, etc... The list goes on and on. There's so much talent of potentially getting into the 2nd round. What are the chances of us pulling a deal to grab a 2nd round pick and draft one of these high profile guys that could fill a need?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gardenhead said:
Daunte Culpepper's better than all those dudes.

Yeah I agree without a doubt. But wouldn't you rather have one of those guys at the expense of our 3rd and 4th, if possible?

Yeah...much rather have Daunte than any of those guys.

Dolfan11 said:
Yeah I agree without a doubt. But wouldn't you rather have one of those guys at the expense of our 3rd and 4th, if possible?

People tend to underrate those picks. Travis Daniels and Channing Crowder were found in the 4th and 5th rounds last year. Crowder is going to be a pro bowler in a few years and Daniels will be a solid corner for years to come. I do agree a 2nd rounder would be nice, but I think we need to either keep our picks, or try to acquire more.

Dolfan32323 said:
He wasn't talking about QB's

No, but he is talking about a 2nd round pick, which we spent for culpepper instead of those guys.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
People tend to underrate those picks. Travis Daniels and Channing Crowder were found in the 4th and 5th rounds last year. Crowder is going to be a pro bowler in a few years and Daniels will be a solid corner for years to come. I do agree a 2nd rounder would be nice, but I think we need to either keep our picks, or try to acquire more.
Actually 3rd and 4th rounds but I get your point.

Would you trade a 2007 1st rounder, likely to be in the 20's next year, for a high-2nd this year...a chance to nab maybe a Chad Jackson or Jimmy Williams.

What I was referring to was trading some picks to get a 2nd in order to get one of those guys. I agree completely that Culpepper is by far better than having any of those, but that's not what I was proposing. Whether you would rather have Daunte or one of them, rather what are the chances of acquiring a 2nd rounder to grab one of them.

I would trade our 3rd and 4th for Jimmy Williams. In a heartbeat.

Blueprint said:
Would you trade a 2007 1st rounder, likely to be in the 20's next year, for a high-2nd this year...a chance to nab maybe a Chad Jackson or Jimmy Williams.

If Chad Jackson were there, I would do it. Unless we still have a shot at Javon Walker, I would love to take Chad Jackson. We'll still have our 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7 next year. Meanwhile, we'll still have our 3, 4, 7, 7, and 7 this year.

Back
Top Bottom