If the Fins took Ricky back, I would........ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the Fins took Ricky back, I would........

jgarMD

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I am a long time Dolphins fan (since 1982) and have lived and died with this team throughout the years. I have to date broken 3 remote controls, broke a basement wall, and have had countless sunday afternoon fits watching them (my wife thinks I am crazy). I love this team. However, I think for this first time quite possibly ever, I may lose a big part of my love for this team if they took Ricky back (assuming he comes out of the fog and realizes what a colossal life altering mistake he has made). I yearn for the days when the Miami Dolphins were the most respected Sports franchise alive. The days of Tony Nathan, AJ Duhe, John Offerdhal, Jimmy Cefalo, Dwight Stephenson, OJ Mcduffie, Jim Jensen are what we need to get back to. High charcater guys. Remember when Robbie was the owner and Shula was the coach and we were the least penalized team in the league. Remember when we had no questionable character guys and off the field incidents never happened. It all started to go bad the year Shula went after all those former 1st rd draft picks (Randall Hill, Terell Buckley, etc etc...) He tried to buy a SB and that ended in disaster in Buffalo. Then came JJ and the making of losers like Cecil Collins and Demetruius Underwood, and the off the field incidents started becoming common place. We became a less respected team (Dol-felons) and the franchise has not recovered yet from all of this. I really think we need a whole new identity and need to go back to the principles of what Miami Dolphins football is about. This franchise is becoming a joke and I am so sick of it. The Ricky Williams debacle is just a culmination of what this franchise has become. I love this team and will always root for them, but I think pride, honor and integrity have to take priority over getting a "stud" RB back. I think the Dolphins need to take a hard and public stance on Ricky.....Stance against him. He and the NFL world need to know that we won't tkae this lying down. We need to take the high road on this one even if it means losing more games this year. I think we can only ever recover from this offseaosn of horror by just eating this year and cleaning house. I am more convinced of this every day. No more trading away draft icks for other teams junk. We need to get younnger, get new blood in here (even if this means trading guys like Jason Taylor, and Zach Thomas and Sam madison). We haven't won anything with these guys. I think this next season will go a long way in determing what the future will hold for us.

Ok.......I am on the soap box and my vent is over. Thanks for listening.

Good thread! I just dont think we should hurry to trade the only consistantly good players on our team (thomas,taylor)

jgarMD said:
We need to get younnger, get new blood in here (even if this means trading guys like Jason Taylor, and Zach Thomas and Sam madison)

Sam Madison I agree with. Zach and Taylor should and will retire here ( :pray: ) IMO. Other than that...Great post. ;)

Overall very nice. Except trading Thomas and Taylor. :shakeno:

I agree as well...but JTaylor is a warrior and a guy we should never trade...Zach too.

Phinished w/RW said:
Good thread! I just dont think we should hurry to trade the only consistantly good players on our team (thomas,taylor)

Yes, I understand that premise, but that is what it may take to get younger and change things. I think RW leaving gives us a way to sign Ogunleye and Chambers. These are 2 moves THAT MUST be made this season. Getting Vernon carey signed and into camp also needs to be a priority. It is always hard to trade players anyway, but the gist of my argument is that we need to draft guys from college and mold them into Miami Dolphins with a new philosophy. We need high character guys that will just infest this organization rather than the other way aorund. There has to be an underlying tone to this team that will not let incidents like Eddie Moore or Randy Mcmicahel happen EVER. Maybe I am unrealistic to think this can happen with today's athlete, but I yearn for change of what has beocme today's Miami Dolphins.

I agree as well we need to get back our rep from the past but I don't think we need to punish the players that have done nothing but sweat and bleed for this team. Taylor and Thomas are nothing but class acts and done nothing but help this team.

jesusfreak26 said:
I agree as well we need to get back our rep from the past but I don't think we need to punish the players that have done nothing but sweat and bleed for this team. Taylor and Thomas are nothing but class acts and done nothing but help this team.

Yes, I just used those guys as an example of jhow bad I want to get back to the old days. Taylor and Zach are class guys and are guys that make this current Dolphin team have some semblance of class and integrity. While I would never trade these guys, I think we need to get guys with the character of Zach and Jason. Damn, just having to talk about the state of this team is upsetting. Either way i am so excited for the new season. Sundays with the Dolphins is what allows me to get through 16 hour workdays.

777 said:
I think the only way for that to happen is the little, bald, ugly guy would have to sell the team.

777:

I fear you may be right. Wouldn;t it be something else if an investment team of Don Shula, Marino, Bunnocontii etc.. bought the team. I know I am dreaming, but man that is what we need. Wayne H handling of this team has got to have Joe Robbie tunring in his grave.

I am hearing talk that Ricky didn't owe the dolphins anything because teams aren't loyal to their players. We must prove them wrong and stay loyal to Thomas and Taylor. Next year, I would take a good offer for Madison because Reggie Howard is a starting quality CB.

Anthony3454 said:
I am hearing talk that Ricky didn't owe the dolphins anything because teams aren't loyal to their players. We must prove them wrong and stay loyal to Thomas and Taylor. Next year, I would take a good offer for Madison because Reggie Howard is a starting quality CB.
Not to mention Will Poole should hopefully be pushing for a starting job as well. If we could get a yound taalented player, or high draft pick for MAdison take it. CB's are so deep we mine as well.

Anthony3454 said:

You are contradicting yourself. Madison is loyal to the dolphins. His play may have declined the last two years, but he restructured to help improve this team. Don't give up on hime. Everybody said that Rodney Harrison was done when the Pats got him.

jgarMD said:
Yes, I understand that premise, but that is what it may take to get younger and change things. I think RW leaving gives us a way to sign Ogunleye and Chambers. These are 2 moves THAT MUST be made this season. Getting Vernon carey signed and into camp also needs to be a priority. It is always hard to trade players anyway, but the gist of my argument is that we need to draft guys from college and mold them into Miami Dolphins with a new philosophy. We need high character guys that will just infest this organization rather than the other way aorund. There has to be an underlying tone to this team that will not let incidents like Eddie Moore or Randy Mcmicahel happen EVER. Maybe I am unrealistic to think this can happen with today's athlete, but I yearn for change of what has beocme today's Miami Dolphins.

Bravo!!! I don't think people realize how important it is to get Carey into camp right away. The FO should make Carey and Ogunleye top priorities but they are instead working out WASHED UP RB's.

Back
Top Bottom