If this preseason worries you... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If this preseason worries you...

maralieus

Lets get those balls deep!!
Reaction score
Just think about the fact that the Colts just got obliterated and the Pats got beat by the Rams!! And they played Brady until the 4th quarter!! Not saying those teams are in trouble at all, actually quite the opposite, more that preseason doesn't mean ****!! So either stop worrying or stop watching the preseason games, cuz thats all they ever do is make you worry. Take a deep breath...ahhhh.

Just think about the fact that the Colts just got obliterated and the Pats got beat by the Rams!! And they played Brady until the 4th quarter!! Not saying those teams are in trouble at all, actually quite the opposite, more that preseason doesn't mean ****!! So either stop worrying or stop watching the preseason games, cuz thats all they ever do is make you worry. Take a deep breath...ahhhh.

Kind of like comparing apples to dump trucks here! The Colts have something like 10+ 10 win seasons in a row, just went to a Superbowl, are a staple in the AFC Championship game, have a first ballot hall of fame QB, several first team AllPro players. Well the Pats pretty much the same I think the have 1 season with less the 10th wins this decade, multiple Superbowl victories, a first ballot hall of fame QB, best coach in football, and several first team AllPro players.

We on the other have are a rebuilding team that went through another major overhaul this off season. So until we become a team that is consistent like the 2 you are using in your analogy it really isn't a valid argument. There are several area's of concern on our team.

We are better than we have showed so far in the preseason. So are the Pats and Colts.
The first regular season game is huge for everyone. Ours is a division game against Buffalo...who beat us last year.
We have to respect them and play them like we are playing the Jets. Lots of hate, and anger. Very physical.
The coaches are not showing some of our gadget big plays, coverages, and some schemes for a reason.
We do not want to provide any game tape so that they can game plan. The Bills are doing the same.
The team has sputtered for most of the preseason, but I think we will look solid at Buffalo and win a close game.
This team is still a work in progress.

Kind of like comparing apples to dump trucks here! The Colts have something like 10+ 10 win seasons in a row, just went to a Superbowl, are a staple in the AFC Championship game, have a first ballot hall of fame QB, several first team AllPro players. Well the Pats pretty much the same I think the have 1 season with less the 10th wins this decade, multiple Superbowl victories, a first ballot hall of fame QB, best coach in football, and several first team AllPro players.

We on the other have are a rebuilding team that went through another major overhaul this off season. So until we become a team that is consistent like the 2 you are using in your analogy it really isn't a valid argument. There are several area's of concern on our team.
I think you may have missed my point. If those two teams that have been solid for many years now are struggling than maybe we should not be as worried as we are. It is pretty obvious that we have struggled but I truly think playcalling has been the main factor just like with the other mentioned teams. Yes we should realize that we have lots of new pieces but I think we will be fine. Now if we start 0-3 again, then maybe its time to take some heads.

We aren't calling anything fancy this preseason so the plays can be stopped because of the game film teams can study. They will play a lot better Week 1.

houston is dominating the cowboys right now, too. and the bills put 35 on cinci. things are not always what they seem in preseason.

This time last year, we were 3-0 coming off a victory to the Bucs....We all know how we started last year....

Thank you. Some people here need to take a deep breath and relax.

http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=div&season=2008-PRE&split=Overall
http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=div&season=2008-REG&split=Overall

Okay maybe this will shed some light on what the preseason really means. In 2008 the Lions had the number one defense in the NFL during the preseason and their net points topped the NFL. Oh, and they didn't lose a preseason game. This story doesn't have a fairytale ending for the Lions, because the fourth preseason game was the last game the lions won that year. At least they can they can hold their heads up high, because for that preseason they were CHAMPION'S OF THE GRIDIRON!!!!! Lucky Lions' fans. Wish our preseason was more like theirs.

The preseason doesn't worry me 2 cents.

Its the Secondary, Pass Rush, O-Line, & QB-Improvement that have me worried, along with the 2009-Repeat Vegas odds.

my name is 72champagne and i'm skeered of the regular season. it's been weeks since i've taken my medication. please remember me in your prayers.

It's not the final score or record in pre season that is a concern. It's the dropped passes, dumb penalties, and lack of execution that is cause for concern. Play calling does not fix those errors.

Preason really doesn't mean ****. The only thing it is really good for is seeing your depth players and that's it.. I take little to no credence in the preseason

Back
Top Bottom