If we can get Onterrio Smith... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we can get Onterrio Smith...

TGall13

Tagalager
Reaction score
we should! I live in Sacramento, where Onterrio is from. And let me tell you, this kid is a flat out STUD! I've seen him play since he was in high school and he's continuing to get better and better each year. Last year we saw a glimpse of what he can do with the Viks...I'd trade OGun for him in a second. He will be a star in the NFL someday and I'm hoping it's with the Fins!! Rick, if your're listening...GO GET HIM!

What the heck? I'd take a shot at him too.

I would rather have OSmith rather than Bennet. I like him too, that's why I drafted him on my fantasy team. If we did offer a trade to the Vikes, I wouldn't offer much. There is no way I would offer either Ogun, madison, nor a high draft choice. So in order not to give away too much in compensation, we have to wait until preseason games begins.

I'd trade either of them for O Smith.

i agree, hes young and i think he is going to do something. if they are looking to get rid of ogun , i would make that trade!!!!

I wouldn't trade Ogun or Madison. :shakeno: We're gonna need them both.

If he is so good why is he behind Bennett on the depth chart? I am sure he is or could be a good player, maybe even great, but to give up either Sam or Wally for anyone but Bennett or Foster (I know he is 2nd on the depth chart also) it would be a mistake.

If he is so good why is he behind Bennett on the depth chart?

No offense, but that's an extremely ignorant comment.

Anyway OS is an awesome running back. Worth 10 Travis Minor's, I'm afraid.

yes i would trade o gun for o smith but we also have to get a pick back, say a second or third.

He's worth a shot for a mid round darft pick. No way you give up Wale or Madison for him.

TGall13 said:
we should! I live in Sacramento, where Onterrio is from. And let me tell you, this kid is a flat out STUD! I've seen him play since he was in high school and he's continuing to get better and better each year. Last year we saw a glimpse of what he can do with the Viks...I'd trade OGun for him in a second. He will be a star in the NFL someday and I'm hoping it's with the Fins!! Rick, if your're listening...GO GET HIM!

I going to go with NO. First of all every player in the NFL was stud at the high school level, Secondly, he's the same size as Minor. 5"10" 214. I like Smith but I'm not going to trade a premiere DE for a second string running back. David bowens isn't half the player Ogunleye is. We need him.

Uggykurky said:
I going to go with NO. First of all every player in the NFL was stud at the high school level, Secondly, he's the same size as Minor. 5"10" 214. I like Smith but I'm not going to trade a premiere DE for a second string running back. David bowens isn't half the player Ogunleye is. We need him.
AMEN! All of u guys who wanna trade a top 10 CB and probably top 5 RDE for a prospect RB are crazy. Unless were getting a first with Onterio, ill keep OGun and Madison. Madison for Smith and a 2nd id think about, but still doubtful. U guys dont realize tht our D is going to need to b ELITE if were gonna make any SB run at all.

dreadlockera said:
If he is so good why is he behind Bennett on the depth chart? I am sure he is or could be a good player, maybe even great, but to give up either Sam or Wally for anyone but Bennett or Foster (I know he is 2nd on the depth chart also) it would be a mistake.

You shouldn't make comments like this without doing your homework, which you obviously have not.
Onterrio Smith is absolute top notch. He has unlimited potential, and is capable of being one of the top 5 RB's in the league. He is that good!
I am extremely frustrated that Miami seems to be pulling their same ole "what we have is good enuff" crap. I am really hoping there are talks going on with the Vikes that we don't know about.
I love O-Gun, but I would trade him even up for Onterrio in a heartbeat!! This guy is the real deal!

Onterrio has a checkered past as well. He was kicked off the team at Tennessee, which is why he ended up at Oregon. To get kicked off at Tennessee by Phat Phil, you have to be doing something very bad.

not sure how stating smith's being behind bennett on the depth chart makes someone ignorant or somebody who hasn't done thier homework?

i think there are some quality players out there (bennett, foster, smith) but the phins should be careful about giving up too much. after all, their last playoff victory came with lamar smith toting the rock...

Back
Top Bottom